Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-14-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 150bt, and for the money it has been great and was a great machine to start out with. Would I notice a significant difference getting a 570, br600 or the new echo 770?? I know those have more commercial features and will last longer but Im more curious if they will move noticeably more leave than the 150bt. Enough leaves to justify $500 when the 150bt is currently running fine. The company I worked for in the past ran the big Echo blowers, but that was years ago and Im sure they have come along way, the 150bt seems comparable to the ones I used years ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a shindaiwa eb630 that I bought in 2006. Still runs excellent but I do a minimal amount of fall clean ups. If I replaced it I would probably get the big redmax
Shindaiwa t-270, eb-630
Scag giant vac w/ 18 hp vanguard
Redmax 8500
Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 580BTS is what i have super powerful. Not the greatest fuel economy but it will blow anything across the yard.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
I have a 150bt, and for the money it has been great and was a great machine to start out with. Would I notice a significant difference getting a 570, br600 or the new echo 770?? I know those have more commercial features and will last longer but Im more curious if they will move noticeably more leave than the 150bt. Enough leaves to justify $500 when the 150bt is currently running fine. The company I worked for in the past ran the big Echo blowers, but that was years ago and Im sure they have come along way, the 150bt seems comparable to the ones I used years ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
You'd be surprised at how much difference there is between the 150 (which is a good blower in itself) and the big boys.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

RG, did you pick up that Shin BP you were considering?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 09-14-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
RG, did you pick up that Shin BP you were considering?
No, and I'm still sorta thinking I should have just to have anyway as a back up, especially for the money they were costing during Shindy fleet week. Had other things more pressing to spend money on then.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned the Echo PB770 and Shindaiwa eb854. I currently have the Stihl BR600, Redmax 7500, and Redmax 8500 blowers. For everyday use, nothing beats the Stihl since it's lightweight, fuel-efficient, and has good power. For heavy fall clean ups, the Redmax 8500 is the best because of its sheer power. It is somewhat heavy, consumes fuel, and doesn't scour the ground all that well but if can move debris quickly. However, the best all around blower of the bunch is the Redmax 7500. I just got mine in May and I keep going back to it for everything. It's lighter than the 8500 but a bit heavier than the Stihl. It's not as powerful as the 8500 but definitely more powerful than the Stihl. Last, it's fuel efficiency is somewhere between the two. If you could only get one blower, that's the one I'd take a serious look at.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on what you are doing but a 8000 series or 570 bridges the gap between street blower and Back pack blower. I have never had to buy a street blower using 8000 series Redmax's but only for big parking lots would you need a street blower. The Big Max are that good.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Huh, while I definitely admit that the big stihls and redmax's are great blowers, Shindy will always be on our trailers for the simple reason that they are insanely reliable.... We have always had very minimal problems with them... We like the 802 with the hip mounted throttle...
But here is a question, why hasn't anyone mentioned the "Twindstorm Dually"??????
HaHaHaHa!!!! I am being sarcastic of course.... No offense to the makers of the twindstorm but it just seems so cumbersome and comical....
Old 09-14-2013, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Huh, while I definitely admit that the big stihls and redmax's are great blowers, Shindy will always be on our trailers for the simple reason that they are insanely reliable.... We have always had very minimal problems with them... We like the 802 with the hip mounted throttle...
But here is a question, why hasn't anyone mentioned the "Twindstorm Dually"??????
HaHaHaHa!!!! I am being sarcastic of course.... No offense to the makers of the twindstorm but it just seems so cumbersome and comical....
That's funny.

That thing is a joke. My 570 blows better than both of those tubes combined based on their video. I guess if you had Marty Feldman eyes you might find some practicality in using it though........just maybe.