Quote:
Originally Posted by mbigred View Post
I do not know who sells redmax?
McGavic's in Noblesville or Kokomo are RedMax dealers near you
Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
So I got a gift certificate to use at a nearby Husky dealer. Bought a new trimmer since except for the tax theres no benefit to ordering online, and was talking to the dealer about the 580 and 570. Go through the whole dealio and since I said I mostly order handhelds online he pulls both blowers out of the box, gas them up and hit the parking lot. While there was no wet grass on the pavement there was gravel on the side of the lot. Baring in mind neither was broken in being brand new, and other than blowing gravel straight into the ground or across the lot, no real field testing was done. IMO the 580 blows a lot harder and quicker. The 570 takes a second or so longer to be wot compared to the 580. As to the difference in weight I can say it was minimal picking them up at the same time. Strapped to my back there is almost no difference except the 570 being less bulky. Other than the end of the tube not being flared there's no difference there. No way to really test the "scouring" difference so if I was doing a lot of "scouring" as been talked about here, I might take the advice of the 570 being better, but for shear power and an all around blower it has nothing on the 580.
Posted via Mobile Device
I realize that's all you had to test on, but it ain't much of a test. As for revving up faster with the 580, that's simply a variance from machine to machine, and can easily change after the break in period. Pick up two other blowers and the results could easily be the other way.

Like I've said repeatedly, I have ran them both on real world debris and the 570 will move anything the 580 will, and scour better to boot. I am not defending my blower because it is what I bought, or because I didn't get the biggest blower and I'm jealous. I bought it after testing them both on wet fall leaves. I could have spent the money on either. That wasn't an issue. I could care less about bragging rights of having the biggest one made right now. I chose the one that worked the best, wet or dry, gravel, sand, or leaves, and I have yet to regret it.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You being happy with it is all that matters. If I had a lot of scouring to do I'd probably get one. Comparing the 2 it felt like 2 different animals. I do like that the 570 is less bulky. I run 223l trimmers for everyday trimming. Some guys would prefer something bigger. I buy what works for me to get done in the timeliest manner.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My 570 is in its 3rd fall, and my 223L is through its second full season. Love 'em both.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed. IMO the 223's are underpriced and IMO they're as good/better than anything in or above their class/size. Now that I finally found the blue caps for the t35 head I like it even better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbigred View Post
WHAT IS THE BEST of backpack blower? how about THE STIHL 600 is it the best? ( just using it for fall clean-ups )
purchased the Stihl 600 last week. by far the best ive ever used. starts first pull, comfortable and a hurricane in box lol.
Stihl FS70 Trimmer
Echo Blower
Echo Shears
Commercial Spreader
Old 10-12-2013, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I realize that's all you had to test on, but it ain't much of a test. As for revving up faster with the 580, that's simply a variance from machine to machine, and can easily change after the break in period. Pick up two other blowers and the results could easily be the other way.

Like I've said repeatedly, I have ran them both on real world debris and the 570 will move anything the 580 will, and scour better to boot. I am not defending my blower because it is what I bought, or because I didn't get the biggest blower and I'm jealous. I bought it after testing them both on wet fall leaves. I could have spent the money on either. That wasn't an issue. I could care less about bragging rights of having the biggest one made right now. I chose the one that worked the best, wet or dry, gravel, sand, or leaves, and I have yet to regret it.
I'll support Ridin' Green with his opinion. I have both the 8500 and 7500. You are right in observation that the 8500 blows harder and quicker than the 7500 but what I've found is that the 8500 blows debris into a wider less controlled path causing me to go back to pick up the so called leftovers. In addition, as mentioned, it doesn't scour as well. The 7500 might take longer to get things moving but it seems to have a more controlled air stream and the extra air speed (236 vs 204 mph) allows it to keep things moving.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
My 570 is in its 3rd fall, and my 223L is through its second full season. Love 'em both.
Upon your suggestion and review I am gonna buy a 570 for a kid to use next season that says he's gonna work with us.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed View Post
I'll support Ridin' Green with his opinion. I have both the 8500 and 7500. You are right in observation that the 8500 blows harder and quicker than the 7500 but what I've found is that the 8500 blows debris into a wider less controlled path causing me to go back to pick up the so called leftovers. In addition, as mentioned, it doesn't scour as well. The 7500 might take longer to get things moving but it seems to have a more controlled air stream and the extra air speed (236 vs 204 mph) allows it to keep things moving.
Not saying he's wrong in that sense, just saying I like the power and the wider swath. That's what I use my blowers for. Except for some wet grass on sidewalks or pavement, I don't have a need for better scouring.

I am gonna buy one for a kid that says he's gonna work with us since its powerful but less bulky than the 580.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by echo; 10-12-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I've yet to see a pile of leaves of any kind that I can't move with my 570. The last couple years I have had piles that were 18"- 2' deep, 35' long and 10' front to back, and I was able to keep them moving at a good enough pace to be sensible, to the point where I needed them to be for tarping. I don't see a reason to have a wheeled blower around when I can do that.
You obviously don't do wooded areas. There comes a time back pack or walk behind blower is ineffective. I've had piles where they went higher then turf tracer. I'm efficient with basics Stihl backpacks and walk behind mower for leaf plowing.
Posted via Mobile Device