Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-12-2013, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Clarke Lawn Care Photos

I am going to post my photos here as I take them and get them loaded. It will be a lengthy process but here is my vehicle to start.

Posted here my is 2001 Ford Windstar Mini-Van. I will be buying truck hopefully October 2014 before winter hits for plowing, but for now this must do.

I removed the middle row cabin seats and took the back row bench seats and moved them to the middle. The back is now just cargo spaced for equipment and I am just looking for a small 4x6 ft trailer to haul a ride on.

The last picture is very hard to see. Its of the trunk open (I put reflective decals on the bottom for when the trunk is open). Yeah, I tend to place a huge degree of my thoughts on safety.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2013, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Fall Cleaning
-A last mow, trim and edge as well as soil and garden prep for winter. We also will lean up any leaves and brush. Ask about gutter cleaning as well and prepare for the winer.

^-spell check your website

what is the employees online? What are you going to do with that? Curious

and I am just giving critic feedback here. Instead of mowing, raking, shoveling I would do like Lawn - Landscape - Snow or something. Sounds more professional.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 09-12-2013, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Its that D*** vistaprints template again....

30 bucks should get you lettering to cover the whole back window. Might be a little more effective than a business card on the door. Thats not going to be visible in traffic or to some one passing by. I'm sorry, but I've had bigger gym flyers on my windshield before.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&L View Post

30 bucks should get you lettering to cover the whole back window. Might be a little more effective than a business card on the door. Thats not going to be visible in traffic or to some one passing by. I'm sorry, but I've had bigger gym flyers on my windshield before.
Posted via Mobile Device
Business card on the door Lol :

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&L View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
I agree with the back window. I went to a tint shop and had graphics installed on rear window for $50. I don't remember the exact type but it did not hinder seeing out of window.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you. That is kind of why I came here. It is great to get feed back. I will have to spell check that. VistaPrint use to have a built in spell check but with their new website builder it either does not work or they got rid of it.

As for the employee only I was thinking of working with the community to get deals for employees (you would not believe how great the community is around here in doing so) as well as maybe be able to post an online schedule. Not quite sure yet.

Yeah, I know its small but for now most of my money is going into equipment for the time being. So yeah, plus they were free so I was like hmm.. Might as well give it a try.

As for that D*** template its just a starter. As my business matures and I come to know it better I can kind of shape is a little as I go to make it into something more individual.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarke View Post
As for that D*** template its just a starter. As my business matures and I come to know it better I can kind of shape is a little as I go to make it into something more individual.
I'm just giving you a hard time because I see that one a lot. Check my other post as proof haha. We all had to start some where, and I just say things that I wish were said to me earlier on.

When I first started, the wheels on my first mower didn't match, my truck didn't have a spare and...... I had a curved shaft trimmer. Haha

My best advice to some one starting out, is learn your cost on everything, and the most profitable up sells. A tree and weed Identification book will save your bacon on when and how much to prune and if a plant is on the herbicide kill list. When to seed, when to pre and when to fert. Then go get paid.

It takes time to build a reputation and a good equipment fleet. But if you approach it with a good attitude, learn what you need and stick with it, you'll get there
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah my original setup as a disaster. I used to put an s10's wheels through the bed with weight. Had to do what I had to do to get it moving. Now I got a 2500hd, v-ride, all stihl, shindy, etc. It comes with time. My strategy is not to build debt though. Good luck!

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Those are some cute little bumper stickers ya got there !
Old 09-13-2013, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Spell check probably would not pick up the error as "lean" is a word, you will probably still need to proof read it yourself.