Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-13-2013, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Reviews on the 52" Scag TT

Im looking for reviews on the 52" Scag Turf Tiger with the 29 Kohler EFi. Likes, dislikes, the good and the bad. Let me know what you think.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at the same mower. Just demoed a 61" turf tiger liquid cooled efi. I am trying to get a turf tiger with a kohler efi either a 61 or a 52 to demo from the scag rep.
Shindaiwa t-270, eb-630
Scag giant vac w/ 18 hp vanguard
Redmax 8500
Old 09-14-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have one but I've never used it so I can't really give any hands-on comparisons. I will say that we have had 0 issues from it so far. The Kohler EFI is closed-loop so it is the most efficient system available. Don't have any gph numbers though. As far as cutting extremely high grass (3ft+), our 26kaw/52 v ride has more cutting power from what I am told. To be fair, the TT was literally right out of the plastic at the time and the engine wasn't even broken in yet. The only other issue is it getting stuck in muddy areas. We do field mowing also. The Vride will go through areas that the TT gets stuck in. We have had to pull the TT out twice using the vride. Probably any other ZTR would get stuck too though.

Other than that, you know all Velocity decks cut and disperse great. The 3ft high field actually looked like a lawn when we were done. The 52TT is actually a 12mph machine and not 10.5 or whatever the Scag site says. Also used it to tow a 500lb Ryan aerator with no problem. Suspension seat must be comfy cause I haven't heard any complaints.

When we got ours we wanted something versatile for all of our property sizes. We mow postage stamp to 2+ acres with it and no issues. No problems tearing up small yards from turns or anything. For the larger ones we just double team with 2x52s.

Sorry for the vague info but I am in Afghanistan and get very little feedback on whats going.

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 09-14-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just oirchased a 2013 scag 52 tt. Its a beast on slopes and can handle terrain that my snapper s50x would slide to the bottom on. It hokds a ton of grass qith the 3 bagger. It is dwcent knbgas, have the 29 efi kholer. Only cons are that it is heavy so soft or wet grass can be torn up if your not careful. Also the 61 deck with vanguard engine is the same price so with the 52 deck and 29 efi ur taking less machine for the same price which sucks but unavoidable if your properties arent huge.
Posted via Mobile Device

p.s. the cut quality is great, as good as exmark. It is not all what its cracked up to b when speaking of clumping. It will clump, but not as easily as other mowers do.

stock seat is very comforrable and speed is fast!