Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-04-2013, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lets see if I can get the links to pop correctly.......Im a landscaper not a computer guy.

www.Outdoors-Unlimited.net

www.facebook.com/outdoors.unlimited

www.facebook.com/Outdoors.Unlimited
Old 10-04-2013, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like your ledge stone steps you repaired that looked like a fun job, good luck to you!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Shoot! Praying for snow? We got Wyoming boys on this site? Getting it started early or what!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im not ready for it yet, but my work is secured, with room for me to fill in a few.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You been watching the news today? Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota!!!! Holy Smokes... $$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I heard something about them getting snow, but i dont really watch the news.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So Ive been quiet, as I learn how addictied to my smart phone I am.

Lost my phone a few weeks ago, went through run around with Verizon, ported my number from my contract so I can really play hard ball with them.

Looks like Im making some changes, as I look to save money on my cell phone bill.

Anyhow, if your on my Facebook, lets discuss here what you guys think of what I do with it. Today I tried something new. I call it, PRO Tip of the Day.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors_Unlimited View Post
The presentation. As much as you guys think it is important........it really isn't. The presentation is all in your work.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have to disagree with you on this. "Presentation" is very important. When I first started out in the business, I was friends with a few other landscapers in the area. These guys had been in the business much longer than me and did very good work. I learned a few things from them. As the years past, I took the business to a different level. By having uniforms matching at all times, trucks same color with signs, and constantly keeping the equipment clean and painted to look new, and much ambition, I was able to bring the business to another level.

Those landscapers are still plugging along with their one crew operations, doing things the same way for the last 25 years. I currently have 6 crews.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscraper1 View Post
I have to disagree with you on this. "Presentation" is very important. When I first started out in the business, I was friends with a few other landscapers in the area. These guys had been in the business much longer than me and did very good work. I learned a few things from them. As the years past, I took the business to a different level. By having uniforms matching at all times, trucks same color with signs, and constantly keeping the equipment clean and painted to look new, and much ambition, I was able to bring the business to another level.

Those landscapers are still plugging along with their one crew operations, doing things the same way for the last 25 years. I currently have 6 crews.

Congrats! I will have three crews on the road starting this spring, and I only started in 2009.

Ill go over this again. Yes, image does play a roll. Not nearly as much of a roll as your work, or customer service skills.

My trucks are all about equal. Theyre all late 90's GM, they all look about equal too the black one. The mowers all match. We have matching shirts, though I dont blow a gasket when a guy doesnt wear his, I do ask for us all to match on mowing days.

I have aquired several jobs this season alone, for equal money, from a large firm around here who has all brand new cube vans, armys of brown shovels unloading, and a name thats very recognized. I land their jobs with ease by being a family operated buisness and blowing their customer service skills out of the water.

I do HIGH END resi work (2 acre estates with +$1k monthly bills) mainly.......and thats where my buisness is growing the fastest.....I must be doing something right.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, I thought you said that, presentation isn't really important. That is what I was commenting on.

Obviously, presentation without quality service is not going to take you far....