Register free!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkr02 View Post
Here people many people use slag which has fines and also breaks down over time. Trapping the moisture causes the pavers to lift during freeze thaw cycles. Another reason for using a more corse material like sand would be to let things like the ice melt salts to pass through. The fines in dust and slag have a tendency trap the salt which reacts with the limestone in the pavers and rots them from the bottom up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Couldn't agree more! Well said Jm
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkr02 View Post
Here people many people use slag which has fines and also breaks down over time. Trapping the moisture causes the pavers to lift during freeze thaw cycles. Another reason for using a more corse material like sand would be to let things like the ice melt salts to pass through. The fines in dust and slag have a tendency trap the salt which reacts with the limestone in the pavers and rots them from the bottom up.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't believe anyone can argue with you on this.

But the point I keep going back to is that Crusher Run is comprised the majority of fines. Dust.

Like I said, I even posted pics of a compacted crusher run base. The pic is worth a thousand words. All you mostly see is......FINES!!! (DUST)

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
Next time don't just do a straight doubling... some double, some triple, some multiply by fractions like 1.5 or 1.3 or 1.8.... keep em guessing. Then when they come back to you and say no wonder you were high, just say that you weren't going to hand over the actual one for free so you modified it a bit
Unfortunately, the HO Can return the unused portions, I think a better revenge would be to devide it in half or one third so that they think they can do it for $1500 in materials amd then have to get $3-4K more with delivery. (If they order the right amount the second time.)

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape View Post
Unfortunately, the HO Can return the unused portions, I think a better revenge would be to devide it in half or one third so that they think they can do it for $1500 in materials amd then have to get $3-4K more with delivery. (If they order the right amount the second time.)
Have fun returning a few skids of brick, 6 yards of RCA and 3 yards of sand that are dumped in your driveway haha.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Posted via Mobile Device