Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 PM
sweetz's Avatar
sweetz sweetz is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: St. Petersburg, FL - Zone 9
Posts: 1,587
Let's hope so! That's what the forecasts say, but we all know how often they're wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 1,842
I don't think we're going to service any properties this week, with all this rain they'll need a couple days to drain.
__________________
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,421
Somehow we got lucky here. Yesterday forcast was 80% and 90% today for rain...we did not get any rain yesterday until after 6 p.m and today was almost the perfect day ....cloud cover and cooler temps....we finished in record time including trimming shrubs and spraying at most of the properties today.

The grass is starting to loose it hump at this point...that is good IMHO as I am welcoming the slow down as I do every year but more than ever this year with our growth.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 7,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Somehow we got lucky here. Yesterday forcast was 80% and 90% today for rain...we did not get any rain yesterday until after 6 p.m and today was almost the perfect day ....cloud cover and cooler temps....we finished in record time including trimming shrubs and spraying at most of the properties today.

The grass is starting to loose it hump at this point...that is good IMHO as I am welcoming the slow down as I do every year but more than ever this year with our growth.
I'm glad to hear us guys that weatherd the rough times seem to be doing well and are actually growing. I've got a few things on the back burner I might be rolling out this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I'm glad to hear us guys that weatherd the rough times seem to be doing well and are actually growing. I've got a few things on the back burner I might be rolling out this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Such as??
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 7,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
Such as??
Posted via Mobile Device
Expanding the pressure washing division. Also adding hauling and cleanout services. Still got two houses I need to freshen up for rentals.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Expanding the pressure washing division. Also adding hauling and cleanout services. Still got two houses I need to freshen up for rentals.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good ideas...there are a few hauling companies here that i have no doubt do well...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.07596 seconds with 7 queries