Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2013, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You really do not see ST's much anymore. The base model on most dealer lots will be the SXT. The SXT has a base package with things like power doors, locks, mirrors, and heated mirrors. It will have cruise and a CD player. The resale value of an SXT is much better then an ST even thought you will pay about the same for both. Gas HD Rams have a really bad resale and if you go to a 3500 SRW it will only get worse because the cost per mile to operate is not very good.

HD Ram sales are around 90% plus in favor of the oil burners. GMC/Chevy favors the gassers more then Ram or Ford. If you want a truck you won't be stuck with for life and gas is your thing I would ponder the GM's. They will hold their value much better. Good luck, hopefully you make a ton of money and can throw down for a beastly 6.7 big C under the hood.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-01-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems reasonable.

For me, I'd have to consider a crew cab for the extra storage and leg room. It'll come in handy, especially if one were to have helpers.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 11-01-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you're keeping your 1500 Ram for personal use, why not get a 1-ton(or larger) dump for work?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
You really do not see ST's much anymore. The base model on most dealer lots will be the SXT. The SXT has a base package with things like power doors, locks, mirrors, and heated mirrors. It will have cruise and a CD player. The resale value of an SXT is much better then an ST even thought you will pay about the same for both. Gas HD Rams have a really bad resale and if you go to a 3500 SRW it will only get worse because the cost per mile to operate is not very good.

HD Ram sales are around 90% plus in favor of the oil burners. GMC/Chevy favors the gassers more then Ram or Ford. If you want a truck you won't be stuck with for life and gas is your thing I would ponder the GM's. They will hold their value much better. Good luck, hopefully you make a ton of money and can throw down for a beastly 6.7 big C under the hood.
I haven't seen a SXT on a dealers lot, or on the road for that matter around here in years (and back then the SXT was just a "tad" fancier ST, not even a SLT). They're either ST's, SLT's, Big Horn's or Laramie's.

On reason I want a ST/Tradesman model is for the manual lever operated 4x4 system over the electric operated 4x4 system. I'm not to worried about resale, I keep trucks along time and used gas 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4 trucks are very popular and always wasn't in my area, be it GMC/Chevy, Dodge or Ford.

Thanks, NYH1.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Seems reasonable.

For me, I'd have to consider a crew cab for the extra storage and leg room. It'll come in handy, especially if one were to have helpers.
I want the 8' bed, but don't want the truck to be any longer then a regular cab long box truck is. At this point and at least for a while this setup should work fine.

Thanks, NYH1.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
If you're keeping your 1500 Ram for personal use, why not get a 1-ton(or larger) dump for work?
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe getting a dump insert that could be put in and removed could be an option down the road. However, I want a regular pickup truck. Definitely not a dual rear wheel set up.

Thanks, NYH1.