Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! thanks for the replies guys and also the links. I will be reading through those in just a bit.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Is Gravely popping out a new 36" Prostance for next year???? (the current one is a little dated)
That will go nicely with my 61" Prostance, which has been a awesome machine, for next year.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is all about the dealer ron mexico75. You could have the worst built machines ever, but if the dealer rocks your socks, it is usually a winner.

Now in my experience I will never EVER buy a gravely. You'd think having 2 gravely dealers within 10 miles would be a good thing. HAHAHAHAH. Yeah right. I wouldn't touch either of the gravely dealers in my neck of the woods with pamela anderson's d!ck. I don't see gravelys almost at all anymore in my neck of the woods for that matter. Everyone gone deere, exmark, scag and toro. I'd say dealers are gravely's number 1 problem.

Now for part 2. I was also lied to by both dealers. I demoed 2 walk behinds and a new pro-stance. Lied to on cash out the door prices. Lied to on quality of cut. Lied to on actual sturdiness and well built-ness. Heck, the pro-stance engine almost blew up on me while demoing it in the dealers lot. The walk behinds? don't even go there. Junk in my personal opinion.

In my personal opinion ron mexico75, I would refuse to use gravely. If your dealer is a good guy, then the choice is yours.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i got a 36 pro walk gear drive that i use now, its got about 80 hrs on it. Not impressed with it at all. I spend to much time tinkering with it out in the field everyday.. since day #1. the dealer seemed good at first, but then not so much.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZLawnPros View Post
It is all about the dealer ron mexico75. You could have the worst built machines ever, but if the dealer rocks your socks, it is usually a winner.

Now in my experience I will never EVER buy a gravely. You'd think having 2 gravely dealers within 10 miles would be a good thing. HAHAHAHAH. Yeah right. I wouldn't touch either of the gravely dealers in my neck of the woods with pamela anderson's d!ck. I don't see gravelys almost at all anymore in my neck of the woods for that matter. Everyone gone deere, exmark, scag and toro. I'd say dealers are gravely's number 1 problem.

Now for part 2. I was also lied to by both dealers. I demoed 2 walk behinds and a new pro-stance. Lied to on cash out the door prices. Lied to on quality of cut. Lied to on actual sturdiness and well built-ness. Heck, the pro-stance engine almost blew up on me while demoing it in the dealers lot. The walk behinds? don't even go there. Junk in my personal opinion.

In my personal opinion ron mexico75, I would refuse to use gravely. If your dealer is a good guy, then the choice is yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i got a 36 pro walk gear drive that i use now, its got about 80 hrs on it. Not impressed with it at all. I spend to much time tinkering with it out in the field everyday.. since day #1. the dealer seemed good at first, but then not so much.
Wow is that right? With the 2 posts it's some things to think about. I mean, I could post I'm getting a new eXmark and I guess people could post the same things. However, I'm glad you all posted. Its good to get both sides and especially the fact both you guys own?owned Gravely.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
Wow is that right? With the 2 posts it's some things to think about. I mean, I could post I'm getting a new eXmark and I guess people could post the same things. However, I'm glad you all posted. Its good to get both sides and especially the fact both you guys own?owned Gravely.
Yes, both sides are needed to be well informed.

However, if you take a look at the posts overall here on LS regarding Gravely, the two above are the exception rather than the rule, especially since the new 400 series came out in the Z line, and a lot of changes have been made to their decks etc. in the last couple years.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Yes, both sides are needed to be well informed.

However, if you take a look at the posts overall here on LS regarding Gravely, the two above are the exception rather than the rule, especially since the new 400 series came out in the Z line, and a lot of changes have been made to their decks etc. in the last couple years.
Yeah that's very true. There's new Pro stance models look very different than the older models
Old 10-01-2013, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah that's very true. There's new Pro stance models look very different than the older models
And they cut great judging by the demo I had.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my 36 pro walk leaves a good cut. it is very hard to operate compared to my exmark.. I never can get the controls right, I thought i had it right this week, it worked good yesterday, then today it won't turn left so good again. I think it could get better if i figure out how to adjust it properly, but so far all season its been a huge pain in my a$$. My exmark is similar, belt driven as well and it is so much easier to operate.. my exmark metro is 13 years old, i had it serviced at the start of the season and all i have to do is start it and mow and never had any issues this year with it like i do the brand new gravely. but my exmark doesn't leave as good a cut as the gravely with the mulch plate.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Wish I could give a review, but I have a Scag TC 52'' ztr and a 36'' metro, but I can say from GMLC and customer support/questions that Gravely is an AWESOME company! I like my Scag, but GMLC started on a Scag too I may trade in depending on how the demo goes. I really have fallen in love with their company based on GMLC and Ridin' green's reviews, but more importantly gravely's team that is so friendly and answers any questions you have. Not naming other companies, but they said, "look on the website" or "it's in your manual." >