Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-27-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone Use Billy Goat F601S?

I'm a solo operator who is interested in getting a ground blower for some medium sized properties this fall. I currently just use a br600, and I figure that this blower is light enough to push around with the backpack on. I use to use a force blower years ago when I worked for another company, it was a beast but fairly heavy to push around, I know the new ones have self propelled but I don't have too many properties that I will be able to use the ground blower on so getting a higher end one isn't really practical, plus ideally I would like to lift it in and out of the back of the truck byself. Anyone who uses a f6 with some info would be great, they retail around here for about $850, so its not too much more than another backpack blower. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any input? I hate bumping my own ads, lol.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Will it have much more power than your backpack? Are there any lco's in your area using this machine who could give you their opinion?
Old 09-29-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Billygoat says it has the power of 2.5 backpacks, they have a great video comparing all of their blowers to a stihl handheld, and backpack, and then all of their blowers from 6hp-18hp. I know bigger is always better, but this model seems like a good fit for my operation.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the f9 and find it to be a very good machine. The only design flaw I see is the bracket supporting the front wheel is a bit low and catches uneven ground. Not a big problem though.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have noticed that also, I plan on fabricating a bigger bracket for a larger wheel (like the rear ones) if that becomes an issue. Thanks for the input, I would love an f9, but for me, it seems a little much, I do mainly small properties with a few medium sized ones with a large amount of leaves, so its mainly backpack work bringing out the edges and near the houses, etc and then the ground blower would be used once it's in the open.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have one ...yet, but I read many threads on this unit and it seems there are a lot of satisfied users. If you have big properties where it could be utilized I think it is almost a no brainer. We are looking to buy one this year as well, hopefully it will be worth the time and cost.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Even the smaller properties need big wind from time to time, especially the wet thick ones. If you can get it in the truck, go big.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very true, I know I could use ramps, but with the leaf trailer hooked up it would be a pain. I'm just waiting to get a few more medium sized clean-ups booked and then I'll be getting one. I will post a good review come fall when I get to use it, but like anything bigger is better, lol.