Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What would you charge?

I am wondering what you guys would charge to do the initial clean up on this property, and trim all the shrubs. I am thinking 160 for the clean up and 360 for the trimming. Let me know if you think im to high or to low. Also who requires a down payment or payment in advanced? Also around $30 for the weekly maintenance
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

one more pic
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

You should charge extra to get rid of that poison ivy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Well i can say youre cheap on everything in my opinion. It may take you 3-4 times as long to mow and clean up the lawn, but think of the strain on your blades and motor with that tall thick crap. And not knowing whats buried in the lawn. As for the pruning to get things down to a manageable high, as you'l never get them to the size they should be at this point, you'll still be there for 3/4 of the day with just that. I'd be near a grand in my area for that job.
Scag VRIDE
Scag Rider
Stihl BR600's
Stihl wackers/hedge trimmers
Little Wonder Vac/Walk behind blower
Old 09-27-2013, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

looks like your pretty close on your pricing.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I am fairly new to the site and have spent most of the past few months reading, reading and reading anything I came across in all categories. Since I took over a company this past June, making this the first season of estimating for me. With no experience estimating landscape work, I lost a few jobs this season but nowhere close to as many as I landed. I learned very quickly to stick to your hourly rate and a job will usually take longer then you originally think, so I began adding an extra man hour for each guy. I feel I made some progress with determine the time to complete a job with X amount of guys and you will as well, time and experience is our best teaching tool.

Some may say I'm high, some right on & others way off, but IMO I would estimate the trimming (down to a reasonable size) and shaping of all shrubs/ bushes, having the ivy and whatever vegetation in the last pic torn out + dump fee

3 Guys (Myself + 2) for 6 Hours + Dump =$820

Hope this is of some help to you, let us know at what price you get the job for.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VotteroLandscapeCont View Post
I am fairly new to the site and have spent most of the past few months reading, reading and reading anything I came across in all categories. Since I took over a company this past June, making this the first season of estimating for me. With no experience estimating landscape work, I lost a few jobs this season but nowhere close to as many as I landed. I learned very quickly to stick to your hourly rate and a job will usually take longer then you originally think, so I began adding an extra man hour for each guy. I feel I made some progress with determine the time to complete a job with X amount of guys and you will as well, time and experience is our best teaching tool.

Some may say I'm high, some right on & others way off, but IMO I would estimate the trimming (down to a reasonable size) and shaping of all shrubs/ bushes, having the ivy and whatever vegetation in the last pic torn out + dump fee

Hope this is of some help to you, let us know at what price you get the job for.
I bid 295 for the trimming 160 for the clean up and she said my trimming job wasnt competitive at all. I wish I could get away with those prices. But I am in Long Island and it is very competitive here. The clean up didn't include removing the ivy
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2013, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VotteroLandscapeCont View Post

Sounds about right, 18 man hours. I would only add $5.00 to your hourly rate and make $50.00. $45.00 might be a little low.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Personally depends on when she wants it done for us. If we are slow obviously our rates would go down a little just to bring in some cash. Does look a little large of a job It does not look like anyone has taken care of for over a year.
I would not charge less then $500 for job plus dumping fees. I am thinking from pictures maybe 10-12 hour job.
If during busy time of year it would be more like $900 as we could do other jobs in mean time. How many people were you looking to have on the job? Are they signing on for your maintenance for next year? Lawn service? Treatment? Etc? Could be worth more in future if this is a new owner.