Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Member

I am in Farragut, TN - have lived here since 76. We built a house in 90 when it was a lot less crowded. I have been trying to talk my boss (wife) into moving out toward Tellico Plains, other side of Madisonville. I just feel more at home in a small town, where folks will wave ALL their fingers at you, instead of just the middle one. Traffic here is getting pretty bad- not sure if its texters, or all the cars have loose steering, but I have an oncoming car in my lane about 5 times a day. There's lots of grass and landscaping, though.

I think I hunted in Rhea county once a long time ago - is that where Cas Walker is from?
Old 09-27-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Well you should love it here then it's small and if you don't know whats going on in your life someone in town does hahah!! but all joking aside i would never live in a big town just not my style, my daughters mother is from Madisonville. We used to come up and go to the movies around turkey creek all the time you should be making a good amount of money in Farragut i know it's a wealthy area.There is alot of good places to hunt here and cas walker i'm not really sure about that one.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Well the deal fell through on the snapper sw30 after going and getting the money called the guy didnt hear back from him for 2 days, then he tells me he had full asking price offer and had to take it..which was just 300 more then what i offered and he accepted so anyways the jerk off sold it with out even giving me the option of paying 300 more..which i would have...lol anyways ive found a 2012 exmark turf tracer s series with sulky and strip kit still under warranty has 250 hours on it he said for 4k good deal?? it looks in very good shape also.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Since you live in Tennessee there is a dealer in Antioch that has brand new 36" Snapper Pro hydros for $4399 on ebay and IMO he's a bit high. You'll have tax but I would think at this time of year you could find a brand new one for $4000 plus tax. Great mowers btw.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Since you live in Tennessee there is a dealer in Antioch that has brand new 36" Snapper Pro hydros for $4399 on ebay and IMO he's a bit high. You'll have tax but I would think at this time of year you could find a brand new one for $4000 plus tax. Great mowers btw.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sle equipment?? Of so that's where I bought my package deal at the beginning of the year great place to do Business and I actually talked to them today waiting to hear back from them thanks for the heads up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yupp. That's the place. 5 of them on Ebay right now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I've actually had a hard time finding anyone to beat their prices any where close in my area its about a 2 hour or so drive for me there Have u had any experience with the turf tracers s series I may just pick up this used one
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2013, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nope. Run all Ferris which is the same company and the Ferris Comfort Control DD is the same machine except it has electric start and different handgrips. Due to the large price difference anymore, I'll replace my walkbehinds with SnapperPro unless I can get a great deal on Ferris.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I've seen quit a few people say that about the price difference
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2013, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootytalbot View Post
Your best bet is to be like the girl who went out with the five fishermen?....She came back with a big red Snapper.
ahaha i see what you did there

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!