Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-30-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Belgian beers are for sure popular over here... In recent years there has been a huge "micro brew" craze. I think it's just that people are finally realizing that there should be a taste to beer and not just taste like water (think Bud Light) Anyway, Stella is wildly popular... and sure, it's expensive but completely worth it in my mind. I would have to agree with you on the Duvel and a few more of my favorites.... The Leffe of course and I also love the Westmalle Tripel and Chimay Blue! Making me thirsty for a pint right now! haha
Old 10-01-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Belgium has some of the best beer on the planet, hands down. Now, that said, we have some pretty good stuff here, too, especially in SoCal. Belgium, I think that calls for a field trip! Come on over, we'll give you a place to crash while you're here.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Belgian beers are for sure popular over here... In recent years there has been a huge "micro brew" craze. I think it's just that people are finally realizing that there should be a taste to beer and not just taste like water (think Bud Light) Anyway, Stella is wildly popular... and sure, it's expensive but completely worth it in my mind. I would have to agree with you on the Duvel and a few more of my favorites.... The Leffe of course and I also love the Westmalle Tripel and Chimay Blue! Making me thirsty for a pint right now! haha
We have aprox. 1000 beers over here in belgium and most of them are great :-) I never tried bud beers, but i suppose they're okay (more like stella?) i just had a geuze, that's some great beer too. Too bad it's so far away, otherwise i'd be very happy to show you guys my local bar, they serve over 250 beers :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2013, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jallal View Post
Belgium has some of the best beer on the planet, hands down. Now, that said, we have some pretty good stuff here, too, especially in SoCal. Belgium, I think that calls for a field trip! Come on over, we'll give you a place to crash while you're here.
When i have a chance to come over, i'd be more than happy to get to know those beers ;-) I was thinking about visiting NY in february when business slows down a little but son't know if i'm gonna make it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2013, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For you Stella fans - try the new cidre. One of my favorites
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2013, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wait, hold the phones! It's a Stella cider? I love Stella, and I love Ciders... Match made in heaven!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Jallal, I totally agree with you about SoCal brews... I lived in San Diego for a year back in like 2002 and I just fell in love with the stuff that Stone Brewery was putting out... I used to go to The Liar's Club (unfortunately now closed) when it was in Mission beach and that is where I met my first pint of Arrogant Bastard... Oh, what a glorious day that was... There were A LOT of other extremely tasty and interesting local craft beers there as well. So, needless to say I agree with you about SoCal. An interesting side note... I could never find Arrogant Bastard when I was living in Boston but there is a Gas Station down the street from where I live now (Middle of the Adirondacks) that carries it! They actually carry a lot of other good craft and micro stuff too but I paid $26.00 for a six pack of Oaked Arrogant Bastard!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Wait, hold the phones! It's a Stella cider? I love Stella, and I love Ciders... Match made in heaven!
Yes and it doesn't have the horrible after taste either
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Haha, NY's a long way off from here, mate!