Register free!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawntennis View Post
Permagreen gets slammed on this sight alot. We have a T-3000 and a permagreen. Our area is very hilly and the front wheel drive of the permagreen makes it better going across hill than the T-3000 and probably the Z-spray. The t-3000 is much more comfortable to run and is amazing staright up and down hills. While I have never owned a Z just looking at them you can tell they are the best built and most versatile machine of the bunch. When choosing you have to know what you want.
See thats the funny thing...

We are using the PG right now to spread lime. I am running the LT and spreading fert and seed. Every time we get to a property that is really steep one of 3 things happens. Either my operator tries to steal my LT, he about has a heart attack running the PG, or he asks me to do it for him on the LT (most often).

Mind you, I don't hate the PG when it runs right. Their support just sucks. If they would have supported me in the first place I would have never bought a LT. Which is far superior in every aspect.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Perhaps. Easier...not so sure. That is why I am looking into a GL machine as my next step from a Mag, vs a Z. Simplicity of design.
What is so complicated about the design of a Z-Spray?
Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Perhaps. Easier...not so sure. That is why I am looking into a GL machine as my next step from a Mag, vs a Z. Simplicity of design.
If price didn't matter you would have a z spray, period!

Simplicity of design? How about a design built to last? How about a hydro system that any lawn mower shop can look at and understand? The plumbing is laid out so nicely my wife can figure it out! How about multiable liquids being sprayed by multiable methods, but still so simple to understand how it works?

Buying based on price only goes so far. If you actually used one for a day you would say different. This spring I bought one. The next week a buddy with a PG bought one after trying it because it was so much more productive and easier on the operator. Guess what? A month later his buddy with a PG tried his and ordered one the next week. Both guys have owned multiable PG's and switched after TRYING one for a day. After trying one, price was not even a thought. It was the Zspray will make spraying easier, more precise, and actually fun.

There really is no reason to look at a GL or PG any more unless a person can't afford the Zspray.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Another day another annoyance... Broken recoil. Not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLinc View Post
Another day another annoyance... Broken recoil. Not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.
You flat out got a lemon machine bud. I would sell that thing after you fix it, in a hurry. My PG is way more reliable than that.

Tell you what, I am going to the GIE this year and I intend to hop on a Zspray to get a feel. I intend to replace my PG within one season or so (preventative, I don't like to be fixing on machines). If I am not impressed with how it manuevers in tight spaces, I will say told you so. If I am wrong about that, I will get back on here and let you say you told me so. I still think the GL machine is my next get unless proven otherwise.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 10-09-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
You flat out got a lemon machine bud. I would sell that thing after you fix it, in a hurry. My PG is way more reliable than that.

Tell you what, I am going to the GIE this year and I intend to hop on a Zspray to get a feel. I intend to replace my PG within one season or so (preventative, I don't like to be fixing on machines). If I am not impressed with how it manuevers in tight spaces, I will say told you so. If I am wrong about that, I will get back on here and let you say you told me so. I still think the GL machine is my next get unless proven otherwise.
I don't think you can find a ride on that is more maneuverable in tight spaces. It's a zero turn, it can turn within it's own length of space. A T or a PG can't compete with that.

Here is my disclaimer, we own a T and a PG. I've never been on a Z but have run zero turn and stand on mowers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

I would just say it and get it over with. There is no way a pg/gl set up would beat a zspray in tight spaces.

Today I was steering with one hand and spraying with wand under trees with the other. Switched to the isolated tank for round up and sprayed the rock beds quick also. Neither can do that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2013, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

So you plan on getting on the Z, and you will make up your mind on the maneuverability in what 5 or 10 min. Every machine means something different to each individual, so you being impressed or not impressed might not mean much to anyone. Maybe you can get the folks from GL and Turfco to bring their machines down and you can compare them side by side. Now that would be fun, I'm sure the boys from LT Rich would enjoy that.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
So you plan on getting on the Z, and you will make up your mind on the maneuverability in what 5 or 10 min. Every machine means something different to each individual, so you being impressed or not impressed might not mean much to anyone. Maybe you can get the folks from GL and Turfco to bring their machines down and you can compare them side by side. Now that would be fun, I'm sure the boys from LT Rich would enjoy that.
Yes that would be interesting. Not sure if all the mfg's would get ornery though, having their machines compared to the other guy's right in front of them.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

they all look pretty and are wonderfull on the showroom or gie floor, but the only thing that matters is how
it performs for your needs and on your properties

im still curious about the turfex machine