Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Walker ghs vs exmark navigator

I currently have a walker and might be interested in adding another for fall leaves and smaller residential lawns in the growing season.

I have loved my walker but wonder what the difference is between the two brands. Has anyone used both and if so what were your thoughts.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Walker ghs vs exmark navigator

I use the navigator and have run them both. Navigator is a strong machine and will do a great job for fall cleanups. And they are easy to service. Exmark in my opinion is a heavier built machine. Hope this helps

Doin Work!!

2002 Lazer Z 27HP Kohler 60" Exmark
2004 Navigator 27HP Kohler 48" 9.5 Bushel Bagger Exmark
2002 Utility Trailer
Shindaiwa equipment
Old 10-03-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I currently run MT 26 EFI's and I wonder the same thing... I mean, I absolutely love Walker's cut... But, Exmarks leave a great cut too... Just look at Gold Pro's equipment thread in the photo section... Granted, that is a Lazer but I have seen Navigator stripes and they are sweet. Better than Walker's? Not sure... The navigator deck is deeper for sure but not by much.... I mean, either way you are buying a $13,000 lawn mowing masterpiece... One of the reasons that I went Walker was for the ability to side discharge... I haven't yet, but plan on buying either a 62 or 74 in. side discharge deck for my MT and so far, the navigator is not offering larger decks...
Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey there Maple Creek..... Would you happen to have any Navigator stripe photos to share? I am a stripe junkie and would love to see some... Thanks!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I have several walkers. Look at parts on ebay and you will see walkers are much more available. Walkers are indeed much easier do do work on. Many more walkers on the yards means the are doing something correct. The MT`s are by far the best choice for the guy that wants to do his own work.......
Old 10-03-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, fllee. Welcome to LS

Are you cutting mostly St Augustine with your Walkers? I've got a few questions for you about it, but I don't want to go too far off topic in this thread. If you get a chance take a look at this thread over in the Florida forum http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=412413
Old 10-04-2013, 04:45 AM
LawnSite Member

I own 2 ghs Walkers,48" MDghs and a 52" 26efi MTghs. I also own a 27hp 48" Navigator. Pros and cons to both brands. Both are good machines. The 52 ghs and the 48 navigator leave a great cut and both good in wet grass(not perfect in wet but good). The Walker 48ghs is best for leaf clean up. Walker belts are much easier to change in the field while it is a pain to change the Navigator belts. These are just my thoughts, other Walker and Navigator owners thoughts may differ.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Walker engine out in 30 mins., Blower housing is repairable(weldable to beef it up in wear area), NO ELECT. clutch to wear out, and lots and lots of parts availability........interchangeable decks........sometimes people think they have a walker hydro pump failure but in reality only a screen plugged up in the resv. bottom. A screw driver poke fixes it fast.............instant noise and speed fix.......
Old 10-05-2013, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I have run both. Last week I purchased a new navigator. I did not like the controls of the older ones. I have always run walkers and still run a MBK with a mulch deck. In my opinion walker cuts better but navigator has been better for cleanups. The nav speed is better cut wet grass better. Less maintenance and with workers running my equipment the exmark fit me better. Also my walker dealers service is less than par and turn around is very slow and not very knowledgable. Exmark dealer is top notch and has very quick turn around and have demos if it's down more than a few days. That help me make my decision.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Another thought is the 1/4 inch height adjustment with the navigator.