Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

ZX12R thanks for all the info! I'll look into trying some of that tomorrow anyone else have anything else I could try?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sure,no problem,hope you get it fixed quickly.Too bad there are not any Kohler EFI techs on this forum to help out.

If you ever find that u have a bad 02 sensor,shoot me a pm and i will give u the automotive part number that i have been running for one third the price.

Let us know how u make out as it may help others.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Will do! Thanks again ill check back in tomorrow with results
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2013, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok guys changed the fuel filter and my fuel lines, idles better and idles to the max better but when I engage the blades it seems like there barely turning and my mower just bogs down to where it will turn the blades off it self
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Also I have the plastic computer
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcan View Post
Ok guys changed the fuel filter and my fuel lines, idles better and idles to the max better but when I engage the blades it seems like there barely turning and my mower just bogs down to where it will turn the blades off it self
Posted via Mobile Device
With the hours u have,I would have replaced the same items along with the fuel pump.If after that,it runs the same,i would let a dealer look at it who has the software to diagnose it on t he computer.

By the way,what do your plugs look like?They running rich?Lean? Air filter? Hows the filter on the pick up line in the tank? Hows the pick up line itself,is it cracked anywhere?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Haven't checked the plugs, going to pull them this week along with the o2 sensor, just the o2 sensor is $75! Hopefully that will work I'm thinking it may be the fuel pump also but not sure if that would throw up my 34 code and make the engine light go off? Also it runs fine now at full idle but just bogs down and starts sputtering when I engage the blades? Would that be a big sign of the fuel pump?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcan View Post
Haven't checked the plugs, going to pull them this week along with the o2 sensor, just the o2 sensor is $75! Hopefully that will work I'm thinking it may be the fuel pump also but not sure if that would throw up my 34 code and make the engine light go off? Also it runs fine now at full idle but just bogs down and starts sputtering when I engage the blades? Would that be a big sign of the fuel pump?
Posted via Mobile Device
Its hard to say.Without engaging the blades,how does it run if u bring it up to full throttle?Does it sputter or spit?

Either way,if o2 sensor and fuel pump are original with 3000 hours,its good to change them anyway.

The kohler o2 sensor you mentioned,was that online ? When i was looking the cheapest i saw onlne was $90. The one i have been using from auto parts store was $27. If you want the part number,i will give it to you.

Make sure u check the in-tank fuel line for cracks,thats important.If its cracked,u will see lots of air bubbles with motor running.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes could you give me the part number and the make on that? Did you get it from autozone or a store like that? Ill also check the fuel line in the tank today. And when it's running at idle once you rev it up to full throttle you'll hear a little sputtering but clears up and idles fine at full throttle
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2013, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mine sputtered bad when i throttled it up under no load.Fuel filter and fuel pump solved that. Does not mean you have the same problem ,just saying.

I just did a search on the o2 sensor i have. They are online for right around 20 bucks. Sending pm.