Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Overseeding an Established weed yard

[U]Hello to all,

I'm new to the site and have been reading up every thing i can find. I've been in business now for three years and this will be my first year aerating and overseeding lawns. I've been doing mostly just the spring/summer maintenance and now i'm looking to do some work year round. So far i have been looking at all fescue yards that have little or no weeds, be it for just being well maintained or that the lawn burned out but didn't fill up with weeds. I need help and ideas on a lawn that i went to bid today. its an established lawn of weeds... mix of bermuda, fescue and everything else under the sun. The customer is asking for aeration, overseeding and fertilizing. He has told me that this is the second year that it has been seeded and that last year it came in green and then died off. prior to this the yard was sodded in the back and that also died. the question that i have is this. im worried that the existing front will come back through the fescue. That is if it gets the sun and water it needs to even grow. If this happens the customer is going to place the blame on me for the way it looks, just the way it works. what should i do? i don't think he will go for the whole kill off the whole yard and start over thing and to be honest i don't think i would want to do that anyway. what would you do? i know it can grow in but will it be able to take over?/U]
Old 10-03-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is a picture of what im working with.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump.

Sorry I do not know much about Bermuda. Where is Keenesaw? It may be better to start with an easier or more conventional job. There are many good people here. Hopefully someone more familiar with your area can chime in. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks,

I passed up the yard because I didn't want to waste time and grass seed working with a yard that won't turn out looking good.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You were smart to do that. Sorry I could not help.