Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-04-2013, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

tis the season

Hey just checking in. I haven't seen a lot of action on here lately...I just ordered my 20k of postcards which I plan on sending out at the end of the month. My rehangs are coming slowly but they are coming in. Did anyone start there marketing yet?...

With the weather being so warm and dry in these parts I am curious to see what the winter has in mind for us. We shall see.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

we are ordering our first round of cards on Monday, with mailings beginning Oct. 15. planning on doing 10k of each of 3 or 4 of the Christmas designs we did in spring. most of my Christmas light bids this year have come from website or phone book, or a landscape lighting postcard that came out in spring that mentioned Christmas lights as well.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I sent out my 20 k on the 31st, we did some lawn signs and are putting them out as we go. Rehangs are coming in and estimates are too. I showed up to a house tonight...it was all lit up and on.. I thought it was someone pulling my chain. Guy wasn't even there and the kids said they were price hunting for add ons. Just missed a big buck on the way there. As I was pulling out of the block someone took one out. Not the way I wanted to start..only can get better. Sheesh
Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Finally set up my iPad/wireless printer to print on the spot estimates...I battled last night and this AM but I finally got it to work. I am using invoice to go app. You can list all the products..everything...it is fast and easy and you can customize it with all of your wording, logo, prints out a credit card slip..very handy..looking forward to using it.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have always threatened to go with a wireless printer in the truck but have just never got around to it. Might have to give it a try
Old 11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did five estimates today and closed two and I'm betting at least two more. It's the way to go. With the app it is so fast I love it. Plus everything is saved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFire221 View Post
I have always threatened to go with a wireless printer in the truck but have just never got around to it. Might have to give it a try
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNNJ View Post
Finally set up my iPad/wireless printer to print on the spot estimates...I battled last night and this AM but I finally got it to work. I am using invoice to go app. You can list all the products..everything...it is fast and easy and you can customize it with all of your wording, logo, prints out a credit card slip..very handy..looking forward to using it.
Great idea! This is another great way to look more professional than your competition.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm trying the same thing this year. I bought a Microsoft Surface 2. It will run an excel spread sheet I have for estimates. I have a portable printer, but haven't figured out how to go wireless with it yet. (I'm an older guy so technology isn't second nature for me) So, for now hooking up with a cord.

It's also really great for showing photos of our previous work in high definition. So far I've gotten great response.

Can you tell me more about the estimating form/program you are using.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey sorry for not getting back to you sooner...I have been running around a lot...It is called invoice2go...you can set up the template with all of your info, logo, set specs ..has a decent amount of options and is very user friendly...People are impressed when you can bang out an estimate and have it to them within 10 minutes..it's very professional, prints out a credit card slip and I add a Q&A form to the back of it..my brochures fell through so I scrapped it for this year..Ipad photos work fine for what I am doing..