Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Warm season app program.

Im getting into fertilization and weed control in the spring, I've got a basic idea of a six app plan. I'd like to know what everyones looks like. And before anyone ask, yes I will have my Cat 3 applicators license. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stihl FC95
Stihl FS110R FS90R
RedMax 8050
Husqvarna Saw

www.PremierTurfManagement.com
Old 10-21-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

App 1: crabgrass preventer
App 2: weed control
App 3: fertilizer
App 4: weed control
App5: winter blend fertilizer

That's fine turf program. I didn't go into depth on what products and numbers we use since we are in different parts of the country. But you got the jist of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lawn Care View Post
App 1: crabgrass preventer
App 2: weed control
App 3: fertilizer
App 4: weed control
App5: winter blend fertilizer

That's fine turf program. I didn't go into depth on what products and numbers we use since we are in different parts of the country. But you got the jist of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Glenn, anyone from the south have anything to add to that? Such as what month and anything else I might need to know. Just trying to get the best plan.
Stihl FC95
Stihl FS110R FS90R
RedMax 8050
Husqvarna Saw

Old 10-22-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So you are working with St. Augustine, Bermuda, and Centipede? What about fungicides and specific herbicides for warm season turf? Do you have any knowledge of which to use? Green up is from end of March to mid-April. Depending on that is when you apply your pre-em and fertilize. There's no concrete time to fertilize other than apply two-three weeks after greenup. Pre too early is a waste of product, too late you miss the window. So...you have to work with your seasons. A pre will last about 6-8 weeks then must be applied again. What about irrigation which has a lot to do with product longevity?
Should you need help on a specific area just let us know. There's several great people on here and a wonderful guy in Hawaii.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
So you are working with St. Augustine, Bermuda, and Centipede? What about fungicides and specific herbicides for warm season turf? Do you have any knowledge of which to use? Green up is from end of March to mid-April. Depending on that is when you apply your pre-em and fertilize. There's no concrete time to fertilize other than apply two-three weeks after greenup. Pre too early is a waste of product, too late you miss the window. So...you have to work with your seasons. A pre will last about 6-8 weeks then must be applied again. What about irrigation which has a lot to do with product longevity?
Should you need help on a specific area just let us know. There's several great people on here and a wonderful guy in Hawaii.
Mostly Centipede and Bermuda, a little St. Augustine around here. The warm season herbicides that I have any experience with is CelsiusWG for selective. I know about quite a few more products, I just haven't felt comfortable spraying them out of a backpack. As soon as I pick up a skid sprayer Im going to spend a lot of time over the off season getting my spray pattern and application rate right.
Stihl FC95
Stihl FS110R FS90R
RedMax 8050
Husqvarna Saw