Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I do not see how you can set a price for the hedge trimming and remain true to that whenever they request it? What if they request it a year later? We factor all this into monthly payments in the case that everything is included. Trimming will be included all year but half the time it is never needed. I'm just coming from a stand point of someone trying to hold you to that price you gave them forever ago.
1 DTE Single Axle
Toros
Stihls
Gravelys
Lesco
Old 10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
"Chose desired per occurence services" ?? Really??
Actually besides the op's spelling yeah it's pretty easy to understand
Old 10-06-2013, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wth is "De-weeding"?

I also like how the thread title is "take a peak", how about "take a peek".
2014 Diamond Cargo 8.5' x 20' Enclosed Trailer - Fully Loaded Interior
Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 52" w/ Ultravac
Exmark TTHP 36"

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

If youíre born poor, itís not your mistake. But if you die poor, it is your mistake.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Wth is "De-weeding"?

I also like how the thread title is "take a peak", how about "take a peek".
pulling weeds out of beds
Old 10-06-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapeSavannah View Post
I do not see how you can set a price for the hedge trimming and remain true to that whenever they request it? What if they request it a year later? We factor all this into monthly payments in the case that everything is included. Trimming will be included all year but half the time it is never needed. I'm just coming from a stand point of someone trying to hold you to that price you gave them forever ago.
If i want to change prices next year i jsut have them sign a new contract. same as price for mowing or anything else.

if they get a bunch more hedges, enough to warrant a change in price i woudl just have them sign a new one
Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just spray them with a non selective herbicide. A bigger upsell and it does a much better job plus you or your crew doesn't have to waste time "pulling weeds".
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2013, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

whatever is miss spelled, ms office cant find it
Old 10-06-2013, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Why not just spray them with a non selective herbicide. A bigger upsell and it does a much better job plus you or your crew doesn't have to waste time "pulling weeds".
Posted via Mobile Device
I would consider that part of the de-weeding service
Old 10-06-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
I can get more room if i do not do the folding page thing. tho. i did kinda like the try fold.

but if i do 1 full page un folded. the format will be the same. ill jsut be able to put things on individual lines. do you think that will be better?
I think you are on the right path by changing it. As far weeding goes I would change it to say weekly weeding, bi weekly weeding, or monthly weeding.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootytalbot View Post
Being serious here ---
Wow. That's a lot to read. Some could be omitted. Most average homeowners do not like a lot legal mumbo jumbo in my (unproven, just guessing) opinion.
I could not read it all. Does it have a clause that says if any part of the contract is found "not enforceable" the rest remains in force.

Too much stuff for my taste. I mean, I like it, but just figuring that out of 10 "free estimates", you will be the only one with a contract. That much reading might be a turn off to some folks. It might work on established clients, though. And it does not seem balanced. It seems to favor the author a little.

Who let's "some yard guy" write down their card number with security code, et al? Not me, that's for sure. I would need a security reference in there that assures me that my card number is safe, at the very least.

Maybe do a front and back. Legal crap on the front and break it into paragraphs with headers and then put all the multitude of service offerings on the back. And spread them out a little. It kinda reminds me of one of those health forms that asks if you have ever had any of the "following 500 dieases" -- and then there is a yes/no check box with 500 hundred diseases listed.

Rip rip tear. "Hey honey, what was the name of that kid with mower behind his bike? You still got his number?"

Yep this is pretty much the case with residential s nowadays, it makes for a really hard sell. Commercials pretty much expect it, but not the residential market these days. That's almost always one of the first questions I get ask on estimates, DO YOU HAVE CONTRACTS? I'M NOT SIGNING A CONTRACT! I even tried the service agreement thing for awhile, even that was a bit hard to sell. You can blame the cable companies and phone companies for ruining the contract thing.