Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-07-2013, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rate your Exmark 30/Toro TurfMaster

I know there is a thread that is 30+ pages but I feel it goes off topic a lot, so I wanna see how this works out... I feel like there is so much to read, and stuff gets left out.

Please copy and paste and rate on a scale from 1-5 (1 being the worst, and 5 being the best).

USDA Hardiness Zone/Region:
Exmark or TORO?:
Cut Quality:
Handling/Control:
Performance:
Value:
Features:
OVERALL RATING:

Comments:
Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All you need to do is read that other thread entitled "pulled the trigger new ex mark for me". It answers all the questions u are asking and doesn't go off topic
Old 10-07-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
All you need to do is read that other thread entitled "pulled the trigger new ex mark for me". It answers all the questions u are asking and doesn't go off topic
I'd give it 2/5. Sold mine. Leaves nice cut, but just not enough power for me. Got a homeowner used Viking 36 for basically same price.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

In my opinion it is great for a push mower. It leaves a nice cut and is relatively fast. Obviously it doesn't have the power of a walk behind nor is it marketed as such. If you are in the market for a push mower you won't be disappointed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2013, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

four out of five. It would be five if the drive pulled hills better and they came out with hi-lifts and a better mulch blade.

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 10-10-2013, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Member

4 out of 5 for me as well. Needs more drive on hills as well as front casters. It has been good though, currently has a crack in the HOC handle that needs to get addressed at the end of the year.

Chevy K10
6'x10' Hallmark Enclosed
Gravely PM 152Z
Toro Timemaster
Stihl Handhelds along with an Echo and Husqvarna
Craftsman Vac

Servicing Milwaukee, Waukesha, and Washington Counties
Old 10-10-2013, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

we are happy with ours without the blocker on but its not too impressive with it on
Old 10-10-2013, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Love ours. It serves its purpose very well. We use it on about 15 back yards each week, all of which are bagged. Many of the lawns were recently acquired from another contractor who used a 36" Stander. Almost every customer sent a note with their first check pointing out the improved quality of cut. My favorite part about it is that its so simple to operate, doesn't take long to train employees to run it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Exmark 30 has been my main mower all year. Everything under 15k square feet it does in a pretty time efficient manner. 15k of mowing in an average yard takes 30 minutes if it's not overgrown. If the grass is tall and wet it can be a bit of a nightmare. I imagine most mowers hate this, but you can really feel the need for a couple more horses in those conditions. Lawns that take 30 minutes can take 1 hour mulching them. The side discharge works well although it does clog if one goes too fast in wet stuff. We have had the mulching kit on it most of the year and we so no real difference than without the kit. The cut quality is great. It mulches really well although it can stress the engine in wet/tall/thick grass. The gas tank holds 1 gallon and lasts a long ole time. 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours of nonstop mowing on one tank which is darn close to all day for most people. We have a 48 zero turn and are going to sell it next year and stick to 30 exmarks. They are super fuel efficient, don't rut, are cheap to fix and maintain, and don't require a huge trailer. If you do mostly 15k and under lawns, and you do them on a weekly basis these are 100% worth looking into. I highly recommend them. I will say that a couple extra horsepower would be great though.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I used the Ex mark commercial 30 as my main mower along with my Honda hrx 21 for the majority of the year until I traded it away for a 32. First off it all depends what type of accounts you have. I have mostly bi-weekly cuts so for me, this was not a good mower. It struggled to mulch anything. Once it chokes out, it leaves massive clumps of grass on the turf. I found a compromise. It performed great side discharging with the discharge chute off. It kept clogging with the discharge chute on. It was very durable and easy to work on. Easy to maneuver. You get used to the weight. I never experienced tranny issues. It will not contour to the ground like a 21 so as a trim mower its just OK. Cut quality is better than a 21 and worse than a 32. I knew that I had to get rid of it before Fall because I knew there was no way this thing was goimg to handle leaf mulching. Just does not have the power. The mower would be so much better with a more powerful engine. If they upgraded the engine, I would buy it again. Sometimes I miss it, most times I don't. Also I've used both the ex mark 30 and the residential timemaster. The commercial is worth the extra $. Don't buy if you have bi-weekly cuts! I would even look at the World lawn 28 with the 11 HP Honda. I see them all over where I'm at. I really don't care if its made in China or not. I blame U.S. companies for being stuck up and not stepping up to the plate as far as what we want. If Toro or Ex mark would have listened and put a more powerful engine on the thing in the first place, I wouldn't even have brought up world lawn. I also blame the major American Companies for making mowers unaffordable. Do you really need to charge over $5000 for a hydro walk behind. So don't cry when the Chinese come in and steal your business when your being greedy. If I could do it all over again. I would have bought a 32 wb or a 28 World lawn. I can't get over how overpriced some of these comapnies are and how stubborn. How many years have we been asking for a 32 dual hydro adjustable deck. We never get it. World lawn will probobly make it.
Posted via Mobile Device