Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-16-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
TimeMaster engine is slightly bigger in displacement...so have you found it to have more grunt when running the same blades.
Posted via Mobile Device
I use the same factory blades on both machines. Haven't changed them out just sharpened them. Turfmaster is kinda heavy and could use a little more power. The timemaster is nice but I prefer the drive system on the turfmaster rather then the self propel on the timemaster. They both have their pros and cons but not bad mowers
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by RDesign Landscaping; 10-16-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDesign Landscaping View Post
I use the same factory blades on both machines. Haven't changed them out just sharpened them. Turfmaster is kinda heavy and could use a little more power. The timemaster is nice but I prefer the drive system on the turfmaster rather then the self propel on the timemaster. They both have their pros and cons but not bad mowers
Posted via Mobile Device
If you ever feel so inclined to give more details on the Pros & Cons either way.....feel free to post extensively.

Toro TimeMaster 30 vs Exmark Commercial 30 vs Toro Commercial 30 vs yBravo 25

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=399637&page=22

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 10-16-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Have both the toro and the exmark 30. Appreciate both but the employees go to the exmark over the toro due to control systems are easier. would rate 4.5 out of 5. would rate 4.9 if it had a solid trans that pulled the trailer gate and hills. 5.0 if they fixed the trans and put a 8-9hp engine on it. other than a cable on the toro no problems as of yet. Will be buying several more next year HOPING FOR A FEW CHANGES!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Have both the toro and the exmark 30. Appreciate both but the employees go to the exmark over the toro due to control systems are easier. would rate 4.5 out of 5. would rate 4.9 if it had a solid trans that pulled the trailer gate and hills. 5.0 if they fixed the trans and put a 8-9hp engine on it. other than a cable on the toro no problems as of yet. Will be buying several more next year HOPING FOR A FEW CHANGES!!!!!!!
If any changes are going to be made, Do you think they'll be announced at the gie expo this month?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
If any changes are going to be made, Do you think they'll be announced at the gie expo this month?
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't know. Seems they always cater to the east coast crowd with the expo, but leaves are getting thick and can't afford the time to go. Wished they would pull their heads out and do it in late Jan of Feb so everyone can go.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Don't know. Seems they always cater to the east coast crowd with the expo, but leaves are getting thick and can't afford the time to go. Wished they would pull their heads out and do it in late Jan of Feb so everyone can go.
I've always felt like they don't think we mow lawns here on the west side of the country. Any time I talk to a rep, I always tell them they should to testing their equip here. I know that if it works here, it'll work everywhere

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON