Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-17-2014, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Price for Aeration?

What do you guys charge per hour or whatever for walk behind as well as pull behind (42in) aerating? Thanks.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddarryl View Post
What do you guys charge per hour or whatever for walk behind as well as pull behind (42in) aerating? Thanks.

Or whatever.

Yes, that's what I usually charge… whatever.

curious? why would your approach to pricing aeration be any different than your approach to pricing mowing?
Old 07-18-2014, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddarryl View Post
I"m mid range for my area. Prices vary from $25 to around $45 for typical residentail up to around 2500ft. Bigger properties and small commercial depends. But I also give options if they just want holes in their ground then they probably would rather hire the other guy. But if they want the best bang for the buck is the other approach. Due to size and nature of properties, strictly walk behind.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Prices are all over the board on this site.

My minimum is $125. I'm lucky bc practically no other LCO'S Aerate or own an Aerator.

It is cheaper for the customer to pay my fee bc when you factor in rental, pickup and dropoff, and doing the work, they are out the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-18-2014, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
Prices are all over the board on this site.

My minimum is $125. I'm lucky bc practically no other LCO'S Aerate or own an Aerator.

It is cheaper for the customer to pay my fee bc when you factor in rental, pickup and dropoff, and doing the work, they are out the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow, if those are tiny residentials. In our area 2500sft is considered huge. Most are between 1500 to 2000sqft. There are some here that will do it for $20 and offer same day service.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Member

There was a listing recently of a hydro type machine. Was actually interested in it, just for the reverse. Walk behind type. If you gonna have a listing, using upside down pictures, and have only one feedback, please get it together first.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I can rent an aerator for $45 for the half day and $90 for a full day.

So I charge the mowing price plus $100. So a lawn that I charge $40 to mow I will charge $140 to aerate.

All a home owner has to do is go and rent one of those machines and use it and he will never want to touch an aerator again. He will gladly pay someone else to do it.

Also charging enough means that it is still profitable enough to do an aerate job when I only have one aerate job to do.

I do not need to have multiple jobs to do on the same day to spread out the cost of the rental to make a good profit.

Also many homeowners do not have a trailer. And if they have a pickup most of those people do not have ramps so when you combine the hassle to bring the aerator home from the rental place and the physical pain to operate an aerator they are glad to pay someone else to do it.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
I can rent an aerator for $45 for the half day and $90 for a full day.

So I charge the mowing price plus $100. So a lawn that I charge $40 to mow I will charge $140 to aerate.

All a home owner has to do is go and rent one of those machines and use it and he will never want to touch an aerator again. He will gladly pay someone else to do it.

Also charging enough means that it is still profitable enough to do an aerate job when I only have one aerate job to do.

I do not need to have multiple jobs to do on the same day to spread out the cost of the rental to make a good profit.

Also many homeowners do not have a trailer. And if they have a pickup most of those people do not have ramps so when you combine the hassle to bring the aerator home from the rental place and the physical pain to operate an aerator they are glad to pay someone else to do it.
I like this model, Im going to copy it and charge the mowing price plus $100. Afterall, I would be making 2 passes in different directions to warrant the higher cost. My only fear would be they call another company who actually owns an aerator and does it for $50.

Cant win em all though
Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Member

If i were to move to your area, I would own your aeration. Over here, you don't get paid to mow off into the sunset. You get paid by being the best at you have to offer. Neither youth, nor muscles alone will get it done but a combination of experience, commitment, and dedication to the trade is what separates joe, from some wannabee pro.

Single aerations for the day, same day service, best prices, more holes per/sqft, is cartoon stuff.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajoe808 View Post
If i were to move to your area, I would own your aeration. Over here, you don't get paid to mow off into the sunset.

Single aerations for the day, same day service, best prices, more holes per/sqft, is cartoon stuff.
Elaborate please