Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2014, 11:55 PM
baddarryl baddarryl is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cape Fear
Posts: 70
Price for Aeration?

What do you guys charge per hour or whatever for walk behind as well as pull behind (42in) aerating? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2014, 12:00 AM
TPendagast's Avatar
TPendagast TPendagast is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddarryl View Post
What do you guys charge per hour or whatever for walk behind as well as pull behind (42in) aerating? Thanks.

Or whatever.

Yes, that's what I usually charge… whatever.




curious? why would your approach to pricing aeration be any different than your approach to pricing mowing?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2014, 12:07 AM
olajoe808 olajoe808 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zone 5b
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddarryl View Post
What do you guys charge per hour or whatever for walk behind as well as pull behind (42in) aerating? Thanks.
I"m mid range for my area. Prices vary from $25 to around $45 for typical residentail up to around 2500ft. Bigger properties and small commercial depends. But I also give options if they just want holes in their ground then they probably would rather hire the other guy. But if they want the best bang for the buck is the other approach. Due to size and nature of properties, strictly walk behind.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2014, 12:09 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 4,997
Prices are all over the board on this site.

My minimum is $125. I'm lucky bc practically no other LCO'S Aerate or own an Aerator.

It is cheaper for the customer to pay my fee bc when you factor in rental, pickup and dropoff, and doing the work, they are out the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2014, 12:13 AM
olajoe808 olajoe808 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zone 5b
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
Prices are all over the board on this site.

My minimum is $125. I'm lucky bc practically no other LCO'S Aerate or own an Aerator.

It is cheaper for the customer to pay my fee bc when you factor in rental, pickup and dropoff, and doing the work, they are out the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow, if those are tiny residentials. In our area 2500sft is considered huge. Most are between 1500 to 2000sqft. There are some here that will do it for $20 and offer same day service.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2014, 12:59 AM
olajoe808 olajoe808 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zone 5b
Posts: 132
There was a listing recently of a hydro type machine. Was actually interested in it, just for the reverse. Walk behind type. If you gonna have a listing, using upside down pictures, and have only one feedback, please get it together first.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2014, 09:14 AM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,018
I can rent an aerator for $45 for the half day and $90 for a full day.

So I charge the mowing price plus $100. So a lawn that I charge $40 to mow I will charge $140 to aerate.

All a home owner has to do is go and rent one of those machines and use it and he will never want to touch an aerator again. He will gladly pay someone else to do it.

Also charging enough means that it is still profitable enough to do an aerate job when I only have one aerate job to do.

I do not need to have multiple jobs to do on the same day to spread out the cost of the rental to make a good profit.

Also many homeowners do not have a trailer. And if they have a pickup most of those people do not have ramps so when you combine the hassle to bring the aerator home from the rental place and the physical pain to operate an aerator they are glad to pay someone else to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Ditta&Sons's Avatar
Ditta&Sons Ditta&Sons is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
I can rent an aerator for $45 for the half day and $90 for a full day.

So I charge the mowing price plus $100. So a lawn that I charge $40 to mow I will charge $140 to aerate.

All a home owner has to do is go and rent one of those machines and use it and he will never want to touch an aerator again. He will gladly pay someone else to do it.

Also charging enough means that it is still profitable enough to do an aerate job when I only have one aerate job to do.

I do not need to have multiple jobs to do on the same day to spread out the cost of the rental to make a good profit.



Also many homeowners do not have a trailer. And if they have a pickup most of those people do not have ramps so when you combine the hassle to bring the aerator home from the rental place and the physical pain to operate an aerator they are glad to pay someone else to do it.
I like this model, Im going to copy it and charge the mowing price plus $100. Afterall, I would be making 2 passes in different directions to warrant the higher cost. My only fear would be they call another company who actually owns an aerator and does it for $50.

Cant win em all though
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 AM
olajoe808 olajoe808 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zone 5b
Posts: 132
If i were to move to your area, I would own your aeration. Over here, you don't get paid to mow off into the sunset. You get paid by being the best at you have to offer. Neither youth, nor muscles alone will get it done but a combination of experience, commitment, and dedication to the trade is what separates joe, from some wannabee pro.

Single aerations for the day, same day service, best prices, more holes per/sqft, is cartoon stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Ditta&Sons's Avatar
Ditta&Sons Ditta&Sons is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by olajoe808 View Post
If i were to move to your area, I would own your aeration. Over here, you don't get paid to mow off into the sunset.

Single aerations for the day, same day service, best prices, more holes per/sqft, is cartoon stuff.
Elaborate please
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.07320 seconds with 9 queries