Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybrown View Post
So let's say its $200 a month in summer then nothing in winter. 6 months of summer so $1200. Now I spread that over 12 months. Now it's $100 a month for twelve. They sign up at the beginning of summer At the end of summer they have paid $600. Now they say we want to cancel or they stop paying. That's the problem you just lost $600. The only way this would work is if they started it at the beginning of winter. I have a couple of these and that's what I do. It's like being paid for grass cutting in the winter months but I also do plowing
Since you obviously offer year round services to your customers your already there. Like I suggested earlier Take the total of any account and divide it by 12. That amount is what you would charger per month on a year round basis.

There is always a chance that your customers will not go for this offer or cancel. If you sell your service package as just that your customers will understand or at least they do in Florida their getting a good deal for year round services. If your worried about the customer that comes in during or after the mowing season, Pro Rate the amount charged for the balance of the year and start with a new quote offering all services for the new year.
The rest is really up to you.
easy-lift guy
Old 10-11-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Go back to BK for the winter. Or something similar. Next year set aside enough money to get you through the winter.

What are you going to do if you add a customer next year in April instead of charging him $200 a month for 6 months. You charge him $100 for twelve. A balanced billing plan. Then the customer dumps you in September. How are you going to get the other $600. In their mind they just fired you.

Or you balance bill put down 20 yards of mulch in march and the customer fires you in June. They did not even cover the cost that you paid for the mulch.

These things have to be worked out so you are not left holding the bag.

I find no advantage to waiting to get paid for doing a job over the course over 12 months. I do it. I want to get paid that month. So I just said aside money from the good times to carry me through the winter.