Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love my 3100s never been in the shop beside a Kawasaki recall...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2013, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Member

As promised... an update. One of our units is still in the shop and we have been using a loaner for the second week. Our other unit has been shutting down on us intermittently. We can get it cranked and go on back to cutting, but it will shut down on us two or three times a day.

However... we have negotiated a deal to trade out the two 2500Z's for two 3100Z's with the 36HP Vanguard motors. My dealer had to really go to bat for us, but we finally got it worked out. The mowers are supposed to be here today and hopefully ready for pickup tomorrow. I certainly hope these will fare better than the 2500's. It will be next season before they will be put to a real test, but at least I feel somewhat relieved. I think I am more relieved that I don't have to go through all the legal stuff we were preparing for... as that would have been a mess... aggravating and drawn out for probably a year or so before any resolution. Surely this is for the good of all of us.

SonnieP
Old 10-16-2013, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnie Parker View Post
As promised... an update. One of our units is still in the shop and we have been using a loaner for the second week. Our other unit has been shutting down on us intermittently. We can get it cranked and go on back to cutting, but it will shut down on us two or three times a day.

However... we have negotiated a deal to trade out the two 2500Z's for two 3100Z's with the 36HP Vanguard motors. My dealer had to really go to bat for us, but we finally got it worked out. The mowers are supposed to be here today and hopefully ready for pickup tomorrow. I certainly hope these will fare better than the 2500's. It will be next season before they will be put to a real test, but at least I feel somewhat relieved. I think I am more relieved that I don't have to go through all the legal stuff we were preparing for... as that would have been a mess... aggravating and drawn out for probably a year or so before any resolution. Surely this is for the good of all of us.
You've still got enough grass to give us your thoughts on the differences in the 2500 and 3100, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Your dealer must have done a very good job if able to get your mowers replaced with a higher grade model at what would satisfy you money-wise.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Yep... the first yard I plan (hope) to cut is my own.

I cannot appreciate my dealer enough... he has been great to work with. I hate he has had to be in the middle of this, being that he had just picked up the Ferris line when I got my two 2500's. I know full well if he had had more experience with the 2500 vs the 3100 prior to my purchase, he would have not recommended them. Ironically enough, he had no 3100's in stock prior to my purchasing the 2500's.

SonnieP
Old 10-16-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnie Parker View Post
Yep... the first yard I plan (hope) to cut is my own.

I cannot appreciate my dealer enough... he has been great to work with. I hate he has had to be in the middle of this, being that he had just picked up the Ferris line when I got my two 2500's. I know full well if he had had more experience with the 2500 vs the 3100 prior to my purchase, he would have not recommended them. Ironically enough, he had no 3100's in stock prior to my purchasing the 2500's.
I am looking forward to your thoughts, I'm thinking you are going to say moving from the 2500 to the 3100 is like going from a homeowner box-store mower to a commercial grade machine.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Goodluck with the new machines, Id be surprised to hear you having any serious complaints from the 3100. I don't have many hrs on my machine, but from my research and knowledge of the 3100 im confident you wont be complaining
Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Interested to what you think about the 3100. I've never been able to use one much but I have seen a lot of them around and for some reason, I just find them interesting....
Old 10-23-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Just picked them up yesterday and haven't had a chance to drive one yet. Hopefully this weekend.

SonnieP
Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the same 3100 you got with 61 inch deck. It's a great machine. My neighbor has 2 and runs them commercially....loves them.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The 61 iCD leaves an exceptionally good cut!