Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-01-2014, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I had noticed that detail too... I am curious what that address really is.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2014, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
Yeah, I had noticed that detail too... I am curious what that address really is.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's Mail Center USA. FedEx is a few doors down.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The address is more about customer searches and trying to be closer to target markets. I'm not in the heart of my target market so when people search I'm totally missing the boat. I do great getting hits from people in my area but they usually want piddly stuff done I care nothing about doing. I did get two $6000 jobs last year in my area from simply popping up on Google maps.

Showing up in an area with a much higher population and better demographics could easily generate a trickle of decent calls. I have Googled landscapers in other areas and seen them pop up in odd places like down town Austin. I never gave it a second thought but I suspect others may have been using Google maps to their advantage for a while.

When people search for a landscaper and Google maps catches their attention they never plan on driving to your location. It always about their needs where you will be the one driving to their location. People forget about your location the second they make the call. It creates a positive association that is quickly forgotten that can help you get your foot in the door. Nowadays you really have to use every method possible to not miss the boat on client leads.

If someone asked about my location I would be honest and tell them that's just where I have my mail delivered. Most of the time it's going to be a non-factor because by then contact has been made for free which is the best kind of advertising.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 02-01-2014, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
It's Mail Center USA. FedEx is a few doors down.
That's correct. It was actually hard to even find a box to rent. Several other places had a waiting list. It was about $165 for a year. The UPS store across the street wanted $220 for the same thing.

The Rollingwood neighborhood is a stones throw from here where homes are really pricy. Westlake borders this area which is also a high end area.

Year ago I was taking courses at Austin Community College and even though the apartment I lived in was Austin it was in the Cedar Park school district which made my tuition out of district. I used a disguised PO box and it worked like a charm and I saved a few grand as a result.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 02-01-2014, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just Googled my company and this is where I now show up. This is next to what is called the Tarrytown area of Austin. The average home here sells for 1.6 million.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It will be interesting to see how this turns out for you. Your NAP is now inconsistent. For example, Yelp still shows your old address. Using a UPS box or virtual address is a violation of Google Places TOS, so you could end up with an issue there.

But, I am guessing your SEO guy is not done. Just keep us posted :-)
Old 02-07-2014, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

www.plantscapesolutions.net is now pointing to my new website. I made some updates to my top dressing page after realizing it was way to heavy on text and light on pictures to keep people engaged. I still have work to do and have more sections I want to add. I want to add a sections on the pro's and con's of different turf types and a section that talks about the landscape application we recommend and why we recommend them.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The SEO help is for at least three months. If they don't get the results they think should happen at that point they may extend out to as long as 6 months. I got a lot of good feedback today. Now I have to start checking my new mail location for info from Google, Bing, or others trying to confirm the address is valid. I just changed my Facebook info and am waiting on my Yelp to update.

Ted got results for Austin Web & Design (AWD) over a three month period and I'm sure he'll get me much improved as well. AWD is number two on Google right now and number one on Bing.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Now I have to start checking my new mail location for info from Google, Bing, or others trying to confirm the address is valid.
Did he completely explain the ins and outs of this to you? If he didn't, I'd ask him to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2014, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
www.plantscapesolutions.net is now pointing to my new website. I made some updates to my top dressing page after realizing it was way to heavy on text and light on pictures to keep people engaged. I still have work to do and have more sections I want to add. I want to add a sections on the pro's and con's of different turf types and a section that talks about the landscape application we recommend and why we recommend them.
When I clicked your link it went to your old website.