Register free!

Old 10-11-2013, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Can someone help me with - in wall - pest control tube systems?

One of the systems is Taexx. I need specifics like, which tube does what, and procedures for dispensing the chemical. How much pressure should I use? I know you need a pressurized dispensing system.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray_man View Post
One of the systems is Taexx. I need specifics like, which tube does what, and procedures for dispensing the chemical. How much pressure should I use? I know you need a pressurized dispensing system.
The Equipment used to connect to the House is Patented and Proprietary. Only the Franchisee is purpose to Treat the house using that system. Dust is blown through the tubes with Nitrogen to stop caking and blocking the weep hole. The big problem with in the Wall Tube Systems is the blocking of the weep holes. Univar can sell you the Fitting that connects to the House. They can also sell you the Dust pesticide and the Nitrogen tank set to blow it with. However They will not sell you both on the same invoice because of Patent Rights.

I think The Tube System would be great in Arizona's dry climate. But Florida's 100% humidity isn't the place for in the wall tube systems. Early Tubes systems were blown with straight air and got blocked up in the first year. Even with Nitrogen todays tubes have a fairly short life span. IMHO you would be better to do convectional Pest Control and forget the Tube System.

///

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Main entry points of GHP are door thresholds and plumbing lines. The tube system doesn't get coverage of any of these spots. Should be a easy sale to not do these treatments. Very ineffective system.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Good points guys. There is a large complex that has all the homes installed with this system. Most systems are probably broken by now. I'm trying to figure out how to market to this area.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

One of my biggest accounts we had 3-4 guys bidding on the system to go along with their current service. I looked property manager in the eye and asked how many times has he seen a household pest come out of the walls/Sheetrock? I was the highest bidder and got it. Stay with what you do best. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThumb11 View Post
One of my biggest accounts we had 3-4 guys bidding on the system to go along with their current service. I looked property manager in the eye and asked how many times has he seen a household pest come out of the walls/Sheetrock? I was the highest bidder and got it. Stay with what you do best. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure what your point is, but thanks for the advice.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Basically don't bid on tube system if you don't do it
Old 10-15-2013, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThumb11 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

Big advantage to the Tube system is only if you are the company that installs them. It gives you a 99% change to have that house as a customer. Plus it gives you a foot in the door to up sell other services like L&O and Termite. Here in South Florida The Tube system is a real scam because the Tubes clog very soon after installation. Companies that are installing Tube Systems know they don't work. But they make so much money from the up sells they won't stop selling it.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I could see that. But I would never sell a customer on something I wouldn't put in/on/around my own home.