Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Of course I mow in 3rd, I park infront of all my lawns anyway why would a push mower need a transport gear. Ive never bought a new mower with dull blades but then again I've never bought a gravely before LOL
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2014, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Member

We use 3rd gear to head back to our trailer in some of our large HOA's where we do not move the truck.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just did the first oil change, do you have to almost completely remove the fuel tank to safely get the oil filter off as well?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2014, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik1981 View Post

As far as the blades I always sharpen even new blades before I put them on our mowers. I have never felt that blades come sharp enough from the factory.

Ditto to what was said here. I never mount new blades without first sharpening them. It does not matter what blade for what mower. Typically, they come off the shear before shipment, not the grinding wheel. They need to be sharpened before using the first time.

Many of the complaints posted should have been flushed out before the purchase. For example, the spec sheets provide ground speeds. The differences between 2nd and 3rd should not have been a surprise. Likewise, the ease or difficulty removing the oil filter, and the opening size on the bag for dumping, both are operational details that could easily been spotted on examining the machine before purchase.

How much homework was done before the purchase?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did alot of homework and research actually. Things can look good on paper but real world operation is different. And of course I couldnt demo it because it was brand new. I guess the selling point was gravelys youtube video, then again that was just some clean white guy going over the selling points he didnt even cut grass with it (I doubt he even mows his own lawn) I guess its a buyer beware kind of thing wich is sad because this was kind of a test of the gravely waters since the closest ztr dealer is gravely and I will need an upgrade soon. Looks like I need to stick with scag and honda..
Posted via Mobile Device