Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2013, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Member

new motor for my lesco viper. electrical problems.

i got a lesco 54 viper commercial pro rider from a friend that needed a motor so i got a motor from another friend, a kohler 25hp cv730-0029 and installed it today but for the life of me i cant find a parts or electrical diagram for the viper, kohler i found no prob. but i need an electrical diagram for the viper to try to hook up the electrical to the kholer. some of it is obvious and some is not. also i cant find the identification plate on the viper so i dont know the exact model of it. deck measures 54 its green and says viper on the sides and commercial pro on the front. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetty mo View Post
i got a lesco 54 viper commercial pro rider .
Your Viper is a clone of a Cub Cadet. What I would do is find a Cub or a John Deere/Lesco dealer,(Deere owns Lesco) take as much info/pics on your rider and see if they can help......

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept

Old 10-11-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Member

i try to fix things at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezmister View Post
Your Viper is a clone of a Cub Cadet. What I would do is find a Cub or a John Deere/Lesco dealer,(Deere owns Lesco) take as much info/pics on your rider and see if they can help......
yeah thats why i joined this forum. the guys down at the john deere shop are very un friendly and they just try to get you to bring it in for millions of dollars. i was hoping there was someone on this site with more info than just go to the deere shop. thank you for your reply tho. ill just keep searching the net and figure it out. it only has 5 wires at the engine comp. 2 are 12 volt when key on and im not sure of the rest as to what they do yet. thanks again
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetty mo View Post
yeah thats why i joined this forum. the guys down at the john deere shop are very un friendly and they just try to get you to bring it in for millions of dollars. i was hoping there was someone on this site with more info than just go to the deere shop. thank you for your reply tho. ill just keep searching the net and figure it out. it only has 5 wires at the engine comp. 2 are 12 volt when key on and im not sure of the rest as to what they do yet. thanks again
Without specific model info it is going to be impossible to locate the correct wiring schematic..
Lesco mowers may have a sticker that says they are commercial ...but they are a homeowner POS
I would remove all the wiring and start from scratch....but then again..that's just me...
Good luck....
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Without specific model info it is going to be impossible to locate the correct wiring schematic..
Lesco mowers may have a sticker that says they are commercial ...but they are a homeowner POS
I would remove all the wiring and start from scratch....but then again..that's just me...
Good luck....
Thats probably what im going to do. Thanks for the reply.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
kohler , lesco , rider , viper