Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am 6'-5" and it fits me fine. Mine is a RH-36" sentar (2009) and I love it, its fast and nimble, will cut just about anything. I have the mulching deck on it which is great for almost the whole year, a little more messy in spring and fall do to all the rain we get but it works just fine for us.

As for the new Sentar being not being as "tough or strong" as one poster mentioned, I have no idea why he would say that as the hydros have been beefed up, frame is more stout and overall it is a bigger and tougher mower now than when I bought mine. I have had them side by side and you can plainly see the new ones have more to them, but maybe that poster is referring to something else? I don't know.

anyway, think you would love it, its a great mower.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks a lot for your response
Old 10-13-2013, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Id probably standing 50% of the time want to make sure its just as comfortable to stand on as a regular stander
Old 10-13-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf343 View Post
I am 6'-5" and it fits me fine. Mine is a RH-36" sentar (2009) and I love it, its fast and nimble, will cut just about anything. I have the mulching deck on it which is great for almost the whole year, a little more messy in spring and fall do to all the rain we get but it works just fine for us.

As for the new Sentar being not being as "tough or strong" as one poster mentioned, I have no idea why he would say that as the hydros have been beefed up, frame is more stout and overall it is a bigger and tougher mower now than when I bought mine. I have had them side by side and you can plainly see the new ones have more to them, but maybe that poster is referring to something else? I don't know.

anyway, think you would love it, its a great mower.
My only complaint are the spindles not greasable and the stupid kawasaki 17 hp leaks oil and eventually broke crank.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

is it as easy to stand on as other standers?
thanks!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
My only complaint are the spindles not greasable and the stupid kawasaki 17 hp leaks oil and eventually broke crank.
yeah, my only issue to date has been the coil, then the replacement was actually bad as well. Got it back this week and everything seems good to go again...knock on wood.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

But theyre easy to stand on right?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
is it as easy to stand on as other standers?
thanks!
It is a slightly different feel in my opinion, hard to explain. I think its the fact that the seat is right there, but truth be told I very rarely stand unless my back is hurting or something. Overall, to answer your question I think its pretty easy to stand on but that's me. I would demo it verses maybe a Deere stander (big difference). If you are looking for something to sit and be comfortable on while mowing something that will take you 4 hours then this probably isn't the mower for you (get a rider) but if you want something that can handle most small, all mid-sized yards and most large properties it would be a great fit...at least it is for us. it handles hills and flats well, its nimble, easy and quick to get on and off the trailer, mulches nicely and over all is a productive mower for us.

one other small complaint is I had to add a aftermarket stripe roller to ours as it doesn't come with one (maybe the newer ones do now?) not a huge issue, but kind of annoying.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ok cool. the largest property mow is a .8 acre lot with a large house, most are around 8,000 sq ft. so 36" is the largest one I can use productively at this point. Once I get some larger lots I can justify having a 60' ztr. for me 36 is perfect. im thinking to buy the sentar (sport) 36" soon.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ferris still has the rebate on the Evolution up to $1250. Guys here were buying 48's for $3750 after the rebate. I have a 48 with the 27hp. Not sure what the rebate is on the 36. Not a stander but very fast and maneuverable. If I needed anymore mowers I'd definitely take advantage of that deal.

Last edited by echo; 10-14-2013 at 09:33 PM.