Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Who do you network with?

Anybody have any luck trying to reach out to realtors, contractors, ect for some business ? If so what times of success have you had ?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's hit or miss with real estate folks. Most of what I've found is when dealing with these people most of the houses they only want cut once a month or the owners cut themselves once you get yard back in shape. To me it's not worth it.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I network with a friend of mine who is a great general contractor, I always recommend him when people need house work and he always recommends me when people need yard work.Been great so far
Old 10-22-2013, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I network with anyone who wants a meeting. Just got a great referral from an event planner - you just never know
Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Get in real good with your local Nursury, buy all your stuff from them and make sure somehow they recognize you when you stop in. You can get a lot of referrals from them.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone who will listen. What do you have to lose?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Network with everyone you can. It is usually never pays off in the short term but in the long run very important. I go to trade shows, local chamber of commerce meetings/events, use LinkedIn, the tradition hey how are you doing here is my card if you ever need anything and etc. It has paid off so much plus I am known and when someone is thinking about landscaping I hope many will remember my smiling face. Networking is what separates a business man from a great successful business man
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasScape View Post
Network with everyone you can. It is usually never pays off in the short term but in the long run very important. I go to trade shows, local chamber of commerce meetings/events, use LinkedIn, the tradition hey how are you doing here is my card if you ever need anything and etc. It has paid off so much plus I am known and when someone is thinking about landscaping I hope many will remember my smiling face. Networking is what separates a business man from a great successful business man
Posted via Mobile Device
Amen. I couldn't agree more. I stopped last year and spoke to an owner of a tree service that was working across the street from me. I gave him a line to where I buy all my saw parts online as well as two stroke oil (Pat's small engines by the way, google them. You won't beat the price) and man did it ever pay off. He had stopped doing lawncare to exclusively do tree work. I get all his calls for lawncare. I give him a $50 cash bonus for every customer that signs a one year service agreement. He doesn't get the bonus till after they have paid for one full billing cycle. He got $150 in referral bonuses and I have grossed $2700 year to date from those three accounts. Every companies profit margin is different. That's why I listed gross.
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind
1995 36" Scag Walk Behind