Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Jobber and SAP

Hi guys

Love this site. I have been reading it for months and have found a huge amount of info.

For the past few months I have been researching lawn care software and have found jobber and sap to match what I need quite well.

Currently I have 2 crews and have been running off run sheets.
I like the idea of them working with mobiles or tablets but I wonder about mobile data reliability.
At the moment I send email invoices when I get home and many of our clients receive a written invoice in their letterbox once job has been completed.

I found most of the run sheets in these app do not have all the details eg. Price.
Which makes it hard for the crew to write out an invoice.

How do you fix this issue? Would I print out all of the invoices for clients that get them in their letterbox? This makes things hard if extra services are added on the spot.

Also if anyone has looked at jobber and sap, both seems to meet my needs now but wonder if sap has many more options that might come in handy as I grow and try to improve my workflow etc.

Apart from these 2 apps I have tested 4-5 others and my head hurts

I look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers
Eric
Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie-Gardener View Post
Hi guys

Love this site. I have been reading it for months and have found a huge amount of info.

For the past few months I have been researching lawn care software and have found jobber and sap to match what I need quite well.

Currently I have 2 crews and have been running off run sheets.
I like the idea of them working with mobiles or tablets but I wonder about mobile data reliability.
At the moment I send email invoices when I get home and many of our clients receive a written invoice in their letterbox once job has been completed.

I found most of the run sheets in these app do not have all the details eg. Price.
Which makes it hard for the crew to write out an invoice.

How do you fix this issue? Would I print out all of the invoices for clients that get them in their letterbox? This makes things hard if extra services are added on the spot.

Also if anyone has looked at jobber and sap, both seems to meet my needs now but wonder if sap has many more options that might come in handy as I grow and try to improve my workflow etc.

Apart from these 2 apps I have tested 4-5 others and my head hurts

I look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers
Eric
I have jobber. The mobile app is the full version. You can do everything on your phone that you can do with your pc. All the information is there. Jobber is free to try for 30 days and I know if your still on the fence they will work with you.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi
I have done the free trial on all of the apps.

I just could not find a way to have all the details I needed in a hard copy in case of lost data connection.

Maybe it is just a matter of becoming confident in the app and data connection.

I'd hate for my guys to be stuck without the info they need to continue working.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Hi
I have done the free trial on all of the apps.

I just could not find a way to have all the details I needed in a hard copy in case of lost data connection.

Maybe it is just a matter of becoming confident in the app and data connection.

I'd hate for my guys to be stuck without the info they need to continue working.
well being that jobber is hosted on amazon serves it would take a lot for it to go down. You can print out a route that way if they loose connection they can still do their route.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I can say in the 2 years ive had it, it has never went down unless for maintenance at night for like 10 or 15 min
Old 10-14-2013, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Member

I was thinking more about mobile phones or tablets losing data connection.

Do you leave many invoices on site or do you mainly email and post?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I was thinking more about mobile phones or tablets losing data connection.

Do you leave many invoices on site or do you mainly email and post?
I email. Its solo much quicker.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I'd love to email all but I also have a lot of oldies that don't know what email is
Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We use SAP. I invoice at the end of each month. About half of them are email invoices and the other half are postage mail. As long as you have pretty good data coverage in your service area you will be fine. If my crew can't connect at one property, they just jot it down and enter the job info when they have service again at the next place or whatever. It definitely makes my job a lot easier. They soon plan to have a self contained app that will store everything on your phone and then up load the info when you have service. We've been quite happy and it has helped to streamline a lot of areas and help grow the business. You can log phone calls and or comments that customers make and you can see all kinds of info. The online customer portal is sweet and helps customers who are away, be able to login to their account and see what they owe, pay with a credit card or whatever. It automatically gets sent to our account. Nice and slick. Both are decent programs, pick one that fits your needs the most.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Aussie, to answer your original question in jobber there's an option under settings where you can add any custom text you want to the route sheets, I have added a time spot for mine, you could go in and add a price spot but I think it prints on all of them so you would have to leave it blank and manually write it on each stop each day.