Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

It sucks redmax is heading the way they are. We almost became a dealer, unitl we found they were bought by husqvarna. I'm a husky dealer, and I really like certain products they produce. But they now build the Redmax products in the same plant they build Poulan in Nashville, AR. So you can only imagine quality getting shatty. Husqvarna buys a brand and dumbs it down to where its inferior to there own. So I can only see it getting worse....
Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are they using Poulan parts?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2013, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Are they using Poulan parts?
Posted via Mobile Device
No. Poulans are far lesser quality parts. But you'll see some models are the same as the low end husqvarna, which is just a step above poulan quality. They do the same thing for jonsered line
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Careful how you word that.

There's very little in the Jonsered line that is low end stuff made at the Poulan plant. Only the very least expensive products in the line, which only amounts to a couple. I'm sure you didn't mean to belittle Jonsered products of all levels, but posting it the way you did is how internet rumors that are incorrect get started by unknowing and misguided individuals.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Even when I blew up my 3060TS, after taking it apart, I was impressed with the internal build. It burned the piston up obviously because it was set way to lean due to the emissions policies imposed by our insanely liberal government.

There is no way Poulans are built to the same caliber that Redmax products are, and I would doubt most Husqvarna products are either.

Why would Husqvarna buy a brand just to ruin it? It doesn't make sense to me. Selling Redmax makes money for Husqvarna.

I am kind of depressed about the fact that all the brands are being gobbled up though. I think it hurts the diversity.

By the way, maybe the Redmax products are assembled in the Poulan plant, but aren't the engines still manufactured by Zenoah in Japan? If so, who cares. Anyone could assemble a trimmer in their garage.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with this^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-15-2013, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If Redmax was so inferior in the eyes of Husky, then why would they integrate some of the Redmax products into their own lineup (i.e. the backpacks and a trimmer or two)?

Obviously they think highly of Redmax. Husky even gave Redmax what Husqvarna does best, some great chainsaws.

No, in my opinion, Husqvarna bought Redmax because Redmax had a leg up on the emissions regulations and Husqvarna seen them as a cheaper route to compliance, rather than doing the research and development on their own.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon7 View Post
If Redmax was so inferior in the eyes of Husky, then why would they integrate some of the Redmax products into their own lineup (i.e. the backpacks and a trimmer or two)?

Obviously they think highly of Redmax. Husky even gave Redmax what Husqvarna does best, some great chainsaws.

No, in my opinion, Husqvarna bought Redmax because Redmax had a leg up on the emissions regulations and Husqvarna seen them as a cheaper route to compliance, rather than doing the research and development on their own.
This is 100% correct. You're on a roll tonight bro.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just want people to know that just because their dealer said something, doesn't make it true. My dealer doesn't know anything about anything he sells. I doubt he could spell Redmax. I ask him questions about things I already know about and he tries to grab at an answer.

A lot of us are WAY more studied up on these products than our dealers.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Seriously dude, you're on fire, and preachin' to the choir. (Hey, I'm a poet and I know it).