Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-15-2013, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
No. Poulans are far lesser quality parts. But you'll see some models are the same as the low end husqvarna, which is just a step above poulan quality. They do the same thing for jonsered line
Posted via Mobile Device
You got me, I should of went into a little more detail. Husky throws their low end stuff into a line to give the dealers a competitive price product. Kinda like echo put the new shindaiwa trimmer ( echo srm225) and backpack blowers ( PB-500 / PB755) into their line up to offer a wider offering on their products.

Personally I can't tell you if the Redmax trimmer engines are still manufactured in Japan. The blowers I know for a fact aren't. Husqvarna did intergrate some redmax products into the lineup the past couple years, ex. 380BT blower / 430LS trimmer. But they are not available this year. They gone. The 560/570/580 blowers replaced the 380BT- which was a great unit, and the New 535LS replaced the 430LS. All I'm sayingis Husqvarna buys a line, gets the advantages of the line (strato-charged engines) and kind of make them a lower offering and sell them to Distributors to sell to dealers. The same thing happened when they bought the Yazoo-Kees and Dixon lines. Now Yazoo-Kees is DEAD. This is why I stated that Redmax is most likely into a decline. Just like everything else Husqvarna buys. That's what makes them the second largest source of Outdoor power equipment in the world.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the redmax 7500 still a good blower?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

And I'm not here to get everyone Riled up in a frenzy. Just trying to have a good conversation on the OPE industry. This is what I do for a living. I don't sell boats, tractors or fourwheelers. I'm a OPE only shop. So I study the industry all I can to have advantages over my competitors around my area. So I try to state only facts for people to use on lawnsite, so people know what they are buying before they purchase a fleet of units and get stuck with something they could of done better on by a different product. Not saying i'm perfect but, I dont like to speculate on stuff I don't have a good knowledge on.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205mx View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
They are a good blower. They have a good MPH/CFM balance to move lots of debris.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205mx View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, they are awesome, but the Husky version, the 570 BTS has a much better shoulder harness system. IMO, it is the best blower out right now. I could have bought any blower made, but the 570 has the most/best overall features.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
And I'm not here to get everyone Riled up in a frenzy. Just trying to have a good conversation on the OPE industry. This is what I do for a living. I don't sell boats, tractors or fourwheelers. I'm a OPE only shop. So I study the industry all I can to have advantages over my competitors around my area. So I try to state only facts for people to use on lawnsite, so people know what they are buying before they purchase a fleet of units and get stuck with something they could of done better on by a different product. Not saying i'm perfect but, I dont like to speculate on stuff I don't have a good knowledge on.
It's all good bro. I like your posts and appreciate your input here. I just wanted to make sure that people don't get the wrong idea about Jonsered.