Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you checked into the affordable healthcare act?

Websites locked up Everytime I try an get on it. I have called the number and the lady acted like she was as lost as I was. Im not knocking this new law because I don't know what its about and how much I will have to pay. Only thing I know is its based off income(which will make people cheat). I have a family of 5 but im not sure how it will effect me. Anyone have any more FACTS?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife's policy was canceled. That's all I know so far
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2013, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Becareful of you "create a account" on healthcare.gov it will become your perminate record. Unless your looking for the government to pay part of your bill ehealthinsurance is a whole lot cheaper
Old 10-14-2013, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Becareful of you "create a account" on healthcare.gov it will become your perminate record. Unless your looking for the government to pay part of your bill ehealthinsurance is a whole lot cheaper
Please back this up. Both of your statements appear to be incorrect.

As I live in New York state, a state that has its own exchange, I would need to use the NYS site, and not the national one. It too has been having problems, but I have gotten some sample rates, and things are looking really good for me.

I do not expect people to cheat on the statement of income. That is already on their annual 1040 tax return (the last line on the first page). Since the IRS is administering this, and they already know the number, how people think they could cheat on this and not get caught is beyond me.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not expect people to cheat on the statement of income. That is already on their annual 1040 tax return (the last line on the first page). Since the IRS is administering this, and they already know the number, how people think they could cheat on this and not get caught is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

this is how. Im not talking about last years income im talking about in future years. blow joe made 50k last year. Well he finds out if he only makes 40k his insurance drops a good amount. He takes 10k in cash never puts it in the bank and shows 40. easy..... This will make people cheats
Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Riiiiiiiight, but he could take that 10k in cash, not put it in the bank, and already be guilty of tax fraud.
You think he's thinking about saving a few bucks on insurance, vs saving a lot more bucks on income tax?

Yes, it does increase the benefit of tax evasion for some people, SLIGHTLY. But it also increases the penalties.
I just don't see it being a big deal.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I got my rates from the ct exchange and no I will not be buying insurance. 3500-3800 a year for bronze which is a lot of money for insurance that can not be used. Because a 6800 dollar deductible is shall we say prohibitive. It's cheaper for me to pay the immoral unjust and unconstitutional fine. Oppppps that's right its not a fine because they couldn't make that fit constitutionally its a tax for special people who opt to use their own free will when facing ternary yea thats much better. Still if you don't think I wont adjust my taxes to manipulate that tax your crazy. And no were not talking cheating here despite what some simpletons may think there are legal ways to lower your taxable income.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I got quotes for me and my wife and expected kid(due oct 30). I had to enter a date 2 days ago for our kid as it wouldn't let me do a future date.

Bronze was about 600. All the way to platinum at 920

Currently I'm on an HSA and she is insured through the county school system. For us this could be a good option considering she has chrohns disease and melanoma.

I do not offer insurance as an employer
Old 10-16-2013, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If your wife CAN get insurance for the family, are you allowed to use Obamacare? The site told me "no" ? Confused
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
3500-3800 a year for bronze which is a lot of money for insurance that can not be used.
I'll pay the "fine/tax" and still save over paying for the insurance. Plus the cancellation "tax" they impose if you sign up and change you mind is absurd.