Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-12-2000, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

AB Lawn Care<br>Cutntrim<br>jcjrfl<br>cantoo<br>LawnMonkeySoftware<br>Lawnnorder<br>Lance720<p>I knew there where at least 6!Now we are at 7.Are there any others on the fourm??Hey Cutntrim are you from London????<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 06-12-2000, 11:30 AM
Banned

I left Barrie Ontario three years ago to seek my fortune in Lynchburg Virginia. For a die-hard Leaf fan, moving to this hockey wasteland (Carolina Hurricane don't count) has been tough. Miss Swiss Chalet and Tim Horton's the most but so far more pros than cons...still miss the homeland though.
Old 06-12-2000, 09:48 PM

Dylan near Ottawa, Ontario<p>Where are you guys buying your parts?<br>Is there anything like a proparts in Canada?
Old 06-12-2000, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dylan, I get my Walker parts from my dealer and I get blades from my local Honda dealer. The rest of the stuff I usually buy new from Home Depot and then sell at auction or in the paper before it's useful life is over. This keeps my equipment new and usually trouble free.
Old 06-13-2000, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Adam,<p>We're in Burlington.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com
Old 06-13-2000, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any others???I'm sure I have read post from some others from Canada!Hey copcutter you are right I would miss Tim Hortons too!But don't worry they have started to expand in the Northren U.S in 20 year you will have one where you live!!!Or you could get ahold of Tims and see if you could start one yourself!I talked to a freind that said that is will cost you 2 million to start one but you generaly pay it off in only 2 years!Think of it man all the free coffee you could handle!!!!!!!! <p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 06-13-2000, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm near Ottawa,in cottage country. Lot's of work this way which is why I haven't been on this site recently. I usually write in to correct Lawrence Stones ignorant posts re Canada and his boring posts about how the only way to make money in property maintenance is to spray poison or run old unreliable Toro walkbehinds. Can anyone explain why you walk when you can ride? Hope everyone is enjoying the hot economy here in Ontario.
Old 06-14-2000, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well that's 10 now!Any more??Hey Kermit what type of mowers do you run????<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 06-30-2000, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Unfortunately I must sell my lawn business in Newmarket. If anyone knows somebody who is interested in a well established business have them email me at lawnnorder@hotmail.com.<p>Thanks
Old 06-30-2000, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Adam,<br>I'm not from Canada, but I wanted to let you know that you live in one beautiful country.<br>My folks got transferred to Nova Scotia, and lived up there for 2 years. During their time up there, I got to visit twice, and man did I love it. They lived just outside of Halifax, and everywhere I looked I saw unspoiled beauty. Peggy's Cove and the lighthouse was the favorite part of my visit.<br>One thing that I noticed right away, is that Canadians seem to actually take pride in their land. All the roadsides in the rural areas were litter free, and in the urban areas, you could eat off the streets. You sure as heck aren't gonna find that here in the States. It also seemed that the people there had more respect for their fellow man.<br>Someday, I hope to make it back up there. <br>On my way there, I stopped in Toronto and Ottawa (Airports) and found the same things there as I did in Halifax. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good people here in the States, but I think we could learn a lot from the folks in Canada.<p>Take care, <br>Tim