Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
Just bought a 770 and should be here tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what I think of it. Of course if you do too much reading on here it would seem the 770 is an inferior weakling.
Our 770H was in the field for 3 years and the first fail was primer bulb. I woud not buy any 4mix unit if you want longevity. The covers on these units are solid. For those who had PB650 UNITS this model just might match up. And if you need more blowing force you are doing some wrong (I.e. pushing leaves long distances).
Old 10-17-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I just got a ebz 8500. All I can say is it is an absolute beast! Up a level from the 8000s and makes the echo 751/755s/770s almost look like toys.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosko View Post
I just got a ebz 8500. All I can say is it is an absolute beast! Up a level from the 8000s and makes the echo 751/755s/770s almost look like toys.
Posted via Mobile Device
So for you serviceability, longevity, and packaging isn't important. Does the carburetor have fuel adjustments on them, very important after a couple years. I like keeping as much of my money as I can. Don't make the assumption they will fixeverthing that can happen to a unit, free.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Well LOOKS are one thing PERFORMANCE and RELIABILITY are another. Does it really matter what a blower looks like? Maybe for some I guess. I want the thing to start on the 1st or sencond pull, have enough power for jobs that require a BP. If it doesn't have enough power (leaves too thick, wet, etc) That's when you break out the push blower or you actually have too many leaves to move.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
So for you serviceability, longevity, and packaging isn't important. Does the carburetor have fuel adjustments on them, very important after a couple years. I like keeping as much of my money as I can. Don't make the assumption they will fixeverthing that can happen to a unit, free.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
So for you serviceability, longevity, and packaging isn't important. Does the carburetor have fuel adjustments on them, very important after a couple years. I like keeping as much of my money as I can. Don't make the assumption they will
fixeverthing that can happen to a unit, free.
Been there done that. I have had damn near every backpack you can think of. Reliability and serviceability ARE very important to me actually tge most important. I think you misunderstood me. I was talking ONLY about sheer power and air volume. My favorite blowers are actually the pb 751s, NOT the redmax 8000 or 8500s. What pisses me off most about the redmaxes is the lack of mixture adjustment screw on the carburetor and cheap plastic built quality. Ill take a 751 overall any day over any redmax. Funny thing is I agree with you completely and couldnt have said better myself, BUT in sheer blowing volume the 8500 does put the others to shame!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
Well LOOKS are one thing PERFORMANCE and RELIABILITY are another. Does it really matter what a blower looks like? Maybe for some I guess. I want the thing to start on the 1st or sencond pull, have enough power for jobs that require a BP. If it doesn't have enough power (leaves too thick, wet, etc) That's when you break out the push blower or you actually have too many leaves to move.
To you, I have know idea what you are even talking about. I never said anything about looks in that perspective. It makes the others "look" like toys in the way it out performs them in blowing power.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by brosko; 10-18-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to take care of the big Maxes but they are so much faster than any other backpack for doing heavy work.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
To you, I have know idea what you are even talking about. I never said anything about looks in that perspective. It makes the others "look" like toys in the way it out performs them in blowing power.
Posted via Mobile Device
You typed it makes it look like a toy. You did not elaborate by saying it outperforms the 770 making it SEEM like a toy. you said LOOKS and that's how I understood it. all I did was read your post. you typed looks like a toy. maybe you were thinking performance wise but you did not type that. what else would I think you're talking about ? you said looks, I don't what you're inferring just what you typed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-20-2013, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerepairdotcom View Post
OAKY! but I own both the ebz8500 and the Br600 Ive been trying to sell my ebz8500 for months now for 350. As soon as I list a br 600 it sells same day.

This forum is all about making the best possible choices. Test them all see which suits you and let us know which you picked and how you feel about it!
Do you still have REdmax for sale