Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
Just for giggles question...

Is there a safe mixture for spot spraying out of a BP with Celsius and blindside?
Posted via Mobile Device
why would you want to use both Celsius and blindside? the blindside will get most weeds that's on the Celsius label.. I am not a big fan of spot spraying tired it doesn't work all that well so I stopped and started to just blanket the whole yard.. I did it mainly for sedge problems but one of greendoc's post said he wont play find the weed..and when I did this sure as **** in a few weeks there was more sedge that wasn't there or I didn't get.. so just blanket the yard and be done with it..
Old 10-20-2013, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
why would you want to use both Celsius and blindside? the blindside will get most weeds that's on the Celsius label.. I am not a big fan of spot spraying tired it doesn't work all that well so I stopped and started to just blanket the whole yard.. I did it mainly for sedge problems but one of greendoc's post said he wont play find the weed..and when I did this sure as **** in a few weeks there was more sedge that wasn't there or I didn't get.. so just blanket the yard and be done with it..
Do you blanket with a 4 gallon Pump style back pack?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-20-2013, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
He owns a zspray
Old 10-20-2013, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
no I have an acre of turf I use my z spray jr.. depending on your size of your turf is going to depend on the tools you need..if you have a smaller lot sure you can use a back pack.. do a search under greendoc's name he has a gas powered back pack..

how many sq ft of turf do you have?
Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
no I have an acre of turf I use my z spray jr.. depending on your size of your turf is going to depend on the tools you need..if you have a smaller lot sure you can use a back pack.. do a search under greendoc's name he has a gas powered back pack..

how many sq ft of turf do you have?
I was looking at gas powered BP today. $$$$$
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It is expensive. I will admit. But no worse than a proper mower or the proper tools for trimming. Cheap equipment or the wrong equipment gives you the equivalent results.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 10-20-2013, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
lol that's what I use also and never had a problem with yellowing my yard.. the only problem I have had is when I use dismiss or blindside it leaves bad tire marks from my z spray jr.. it wasn't as bad when I lowered the dose to 4oz and acre or 3oz and acre but it still left tire marks pretty bad..i will usually blanket the yard a couple weeks after I have fertilized it...
That is the sulfentrazone contained in the Dismiss or Blindside being absorbed too much through the crushed and bruised leaves. I do not get foot prints from using a hand held boom, but even with a full engine drive backpack, I am at 200 lbs. Feeding the boom from the skid sprayer has my foot print at much less.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I was looking at gas powered BP today. $$$$$
Posted via Mobile Device
joe if you are planning on doing this yourself just like me you have to buy the right equipment..with that gas powered backpack and a boom you can cover the 10k pretty quick..

that's why I went out and bought the jr bc I wanted to do it myself and I knew I had to get the right equipment or it wasn't going to get done or it wasn't going to get done right.. I got my jr in '07 and haven't had one problem with it and I only use it on my yard.. if you think you need a gas powered bp then get one yea it might be a few hundred dollars either get that so you can do it or hire someone who has the equipment..
Old 10-20-2013, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
That is the sulfentrazone contained in the Dismiss or Blindside being absorbed too much through the crushed and bruised leaves. I do not get foot prints from using a hand held boom, but even with a full engine drive backpack, I am at 200 lbs. Feeding the boom from the skid sprayer has my foot print at much less.
yea I didn't have that problem with I used a hand held sprayer.. I think in that case it would have been better if the boom was on the rear.. but that is the only problem I have is with dismiss so I just don't use it ...
Old 10-20-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

To have an engine drive backpack with a hand piece capable of switching between a single tip and boom runs just shy of $1000. Again, why do people have no problems buying a rotary mower costing thousands, but a little less than that for good spray equipment is a problem? For me, a 10,000 sq ft lawn is done with the backpack, because I do not want to spend time removing contamination from my skid sprayer so it is safe for tree work. Now, if the lawn were over 1/2 acre, then it would be worth it. I set the tips and pressure to make the full tank cover 5000 sq ft per filling. Makes mixing easy.