Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2013, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Oh, you want blades?
Yeah, I almost forgot.

http://www.agrisupply.com/mower-blad...q100000001722/
Old 10-17-2013, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you get the correct length blades and run shims or spacers and slightly longer bolts? That should keep you mowing until you and Hustler get something worked out or you find replacement blades. Also, have you checked with Kawasaki about the muffler? That being an older model, you may have to get the motor parts straight from Kawi.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawn View Post
Why don't you get the correct length blades and run shims or spacers and slightly longer bolts? That should keep you mowing until you and Hustler get something worked out or you find replacement blades. Also, have you checked with Kawasaki about the muffler? That being an older model, you may have to get the motor parts straight from Kawi.
Posted via Mobile Device
These actually came with a crappy "just bolt these on" dual exhaust. I'd love to have the Kawasaki 2 into 1 exhaust. They want $280 for it, and I'm not sure it will fit (Hello Hustler?) really don't feel like its my job to retrofit a late model, low hour mower. Especially at such expense.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 06:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Oh, you want blades?
Yeah, I almost forgot.

http://www.agrisupply.com/mower-blad...q100000001722/
Thanks for the link. But I don't see anything 19" x 2.75"x .250 with a drop (actually undetermined, guessing about 7/16"). Hello Hustler?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
I have a 05 hydro walk and its a great machine but the lack of blades for it kill me as the reg blades wont pack the catcher full. I have one set of each type that i have had since i bought the machine. I would love some G6 blades or something to that effect. I do believe that the older deck that these machines have are better then any of the newer versions. At least on the turf in my area.
Another hobbled Hustler owner... 54"deck 25 hp, and oops, we don't have any mulch blades left on the planet for them.... Nor any retrofit. So basically, we got your money, pound sand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon7 View Post
The dealers out there are HORRIBLE. No wonder Husqvarna and Echo are selling in the big box stores... I think a big reason is that it is hard for them to get quality dealers, so they say what the heck.

It is very hard to find a good dealer, and if you live outside of a big metro area, you are stuck with what little choices you have.
Well, my local Hustler dealer certainly has a conflict of interest. They not only sell the machines, they also offer lawn service. That's right, competing with their customers... Insane.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Sadly I find your problem isn't just present with Hustler.
I run into this with just about every mower, cars too.
Seriously.

Not just parts availability but bad reference manuals as well, look up a part, order it and it's the wrong one.
Two weeks to ship it back, and get the right one if I'm lucky.
Doesn't always work out that way either, I've waited 3-4 weeks before on one simple part.
And not just once in a moon but on a fairly regular basis.

The short cut is to pay for the right part now, and sell the (wrong) one I have on Ebay (correctly re-labeled).
That bypasses the RMA system but then again I currently have 59 auctions going.
Granted that's not all wrong parts, the majority of that isn't but some of it certainly is.

I don't go to the dealer no more, they have no more luck than I do.
I have my own system I devised over the years, it's not perfect either.
But at least I only have me to blame.

My entire basement is dedicated to parts.
I have so much that selling the overflow, used and wrong parts on Ebay grosses me near 4 thousand a year.
I sell and buy so much that I ALWAYS have at least one box in transit.

Matter of fact I sell and buy so much on Ebay that this year I first hit Top Rated Seller and then Powerseller, I now have USPS and UPS and Fedex accounts courtesy of Ebay, I print my own shipping labels (that is sure convenient, especially with RMA's) and even an Ebay credit card, among other things Ebay offers its Powersellers "Health care options" as well.

I hope one day to hang up the keys to the mower, and dedicate myself full time to buying and selling parts...
But that dream is likely at least a few years yet.

What else can you do, I just didn't see the light any other way.
I don't even know what to say about that. Congrats? Seriously, I understand. But I really don't wish to be a parts re-seller. I really would like to focus on my business.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 06:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I seriously can't believe that longer bolts and spacers is the best idea to keep it mowing. It may be what I'm reduced to, but I'm not sure it would even be safe. Again, Hello Hustler? Retrofit blade arbor? Retrofit spindle adaptor?

You took our money... How about some help?
Posted via Mobile Device

Btw, I ordered blades over a month ago. They (my dealer) just sent me the wrong ones. Wrong length, different (thinner) thickness, wrong arbor size, straight blade (no drop). Aside from that, they were exactly what I needed. (Sarcasm).
Old 10-17-2013, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Well, my local Hustler dealer certainly has a conflict of interest. They not only sell the machines, they also offer lawn service. That's right, competing with their customers... Insane.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't do business with a dealer like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2013, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
I wouldn't do business with a dealer like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
I won't buy from them again. Unfortunately, they're pretty much it for Hustler parts around here.
Posted via Mobile Device