Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-18-2013, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You're 150bt is like a blow dryer compared to a $500 blower. If you've read through the posts and threads you would know this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
For most jobs and even small parking lots a 8500 Max is faster, by the time you mess with a SB you are done just using a backpack. 2 people in tandem works good but a guy who is fast with a BP can be really good.

Street blowers are great if you need them but for most jobs a BP is the way to go depending on what you do.
Not even close. A walk behind blower will blow an 8500 away. I have 580's and a walk behind. No comparison. He's solo. He's not using 2 guys. And no way one guy with a bp is faster than a walk behind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by echo; 10-18-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
You're 150bt is like a blow dryer compared to a $500 blower. If you've read through the posts and threads you would know this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, I've read through prior posts. Several posts stated they bought a br600 to upgrade from a 150bt and noticed a difference but nothing significant. This raised an eyebrow to me. I did not find anything from anybody who owned and used a 150bt then upgraded and commented on the differences.
Some people will just say whatever top of the line piece of equipment they have is the be all and end all no discussion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Not even close. A walk behind blower will blow an 8500 away. I have 580's and a walk behind. No comparison. He's solo. He's not using 2 guys. And no way one guy with a bp is faster than a walk behind.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's only true if he's in open areas where the big WB blower is king. In tight areas, or lawns with lots of landscaping, the BP rules no and's, if's, or butt's there. It's far easier to control debris and what you move with a BP than with any WB, especially so in those areas, and a lot faster to move around and swap directions as well.

On large and/or open lots or medium to large parking lots, the WB is king, no and's, if's, or but's, there either. However, as echo stated earlier, you better get a self propelled version or you will be one tired puppy at the end of the first day.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If/when you use one then you'll understand. I was once a skeptic until I started using better/more powerful equipment. While a big Bp blower and wb are expensive, they'll pay for themselves in a few cleanups with the amount of time you'll save and the money you'll make by being able to do way more jobs. I hate spending money on equipment but with such a short season time is certainly money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That's only true if he's in open areas where the big WB blower is king. In tight areas, or lawns with lots of landscaping, the BP rules no and's, if's, or butt's there. It's far easier to control debris and what you move with a BP than with any WB, especially so in those areas, and a lot faster to move around and swap directions as well.

On large and/or open lots or medium to large parking lots, the WB is king, no and's, if's, or but's, there either. However, as echo stated earlier, you better get a self propelled version or you will be one tired puppy at the end of the first day.
Sorry, should have specified open, medium to large lots.

I used a buddies push wb and after a couple hours knew I'd never own one. Self-propelled or mounted on a mower is the only way to go, IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry, should have specified open, medium to large lots.

I used a
Posted via Mobile Device
You used a what? LOL
Old 10-18-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
You used a what? LOL
Lol. Hit submit too soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So, are you gonna keep us in suspense? What'd ya use?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Upon your recommendation I did order a 570 to put to use this fall.
Posted via Mobile Device