Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-18-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

need a comfortable mower, suggestions?

man... my knees, back, neck, and feet are getting worn out. Ive been shopping around for a quality ztr, but it seems like something to absorb the shock from bumps will be the best selling point.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They say the new air ride seat from gravely is bad azz. Personally I haven't tried it. My John Deere 997 is like riding a horse and buggy. It will beat u down
Old 10-18-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turf tigee aint a bad ride
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ferris full suspension ! The best ride going and you can also get the suspension seat to boot
Old 10-18-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You can come try my Evolution. I have never had a ride as nice as this. Sit down zt's hurt my back, walk behinds wear you out, this is the perfect posture to work the whole day.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Ferris hands down. theres a lot of brands that try their best at what Ferris has, but sense they have the patent on putting coil shocks as active suspension, nobody can come close to what Ferris has on their 2000Z / 3100Zs . Gravely's air ride , scags cheeta suspension platform, dixie's springer forks, huslters flex forks, and bad boy's rubber blocks are all improvements on whats out there on the market. But untill the patent runs out on active suspension, Ferris owns the game
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I recently bought a John Deere Z920R ... I MORE RECENTLY (6 weeks & 2 days ago)had some MAJOR back surgery, including 5X fused vertebra and 12 cages installed ... last week, I took delivery on a ZTR PUFFER air suspension seat.

Today, I got out and tried it for the first real test ride ... so far, so GREAT. I can't compare it to any of the other units mentioned here, but I can say, it has made a tremendous difference in the ride ... I hit some pretty significant holes that made me cringe when I saw the front wheels hit them ... the seat did it's job and I barely felt them.

This thing was pretty simple/easy to install ... the downside is that it raises you several inches ... I was a bit too apprehensive about trying to negotiate a hill out front, so I stopped short of attempting that ... maybe in another week or two when I heal a bit more. Other than feeling a little uneasy on a hillside, the extra height actually feels pretty nice ... hard to describe, just a nice dimensional arrangement for my body size & weight.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, they're called employees.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
Ferris hands down. theres a lot of brands that try their best at what Ferris has, but sense they have the patent on putting coil shocks as active suspension, nobody can come close to what Ferris has on their 2000Z / 3100Zs . Gravely's air ride , scags cheeta suspension platform, dixie's springer forks, huslters flex forks, and bad boy's rubber blocks are all improvements on whats out there on the market. But untill the patent runs out on active suspension, Ferris owns the game
I've never owned a Ferris but I've seen them in action and I'd bet for sure that this is true. I have a new BadBoy and it does ride great. I woulda done better with the upgraded seat but I will say this, it cost half as much as a Ferris.
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind
1995 36" Scag Walk Behind

Last edited by 123hotdog; 10-19-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 10-19-2013, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Gravely 400 series has the air seat with memory foam, 3 isolated platforms and vibration damped steering control arms. IMO it has the best ride/handling in the industry. Ferris is great as well but has a lot of deck sway and bounce which takes away from the overall handling.
Posted via Mobile Device