The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2013, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Here's GMLC's videos-
Thanks Ridin' I owe ya!

Now please dont get me wrong everyone. You will see when I post my review of the 3100 its an awesome machine and I would own one in a heart beat. The pro's far out weight the con's. I would have never gave the deck sway a second look if I had never experienced a control rod hung deck. I try to be as honest as possible in my reviews.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to help.

None of the dealers around here are willing to let me demo either the 3100 or the SZ. I won't buy if I can't demo. I understand their reluctance, but as far as I'm concerned, they just shot themselves in the foot.

Gravely's looking better all the time.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I took this video of my 3100 icd deck today for comparison GMLC. No movement at all.
I also came across a well used IS2000 today and gave it a test too, and although there was some wear in the bushes, there was not the movement like seen in your videos. (I didn't look to see if the 2000 has the same mountings though)
Seems very strange that you are seeing the same on so many different machines.
http://youtu.be/u-lBK0QPr3k
Old 10-22-2013, 05:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
I took this video of my 3100 icd deck today for comparison GMLC. No movement at all.
I also came across a well used IS2000 today and gave it a test too, and although there was some wear in the bushes, there was not the movement like seen in your videos. (I didn't look to see if the 2000 has the same mountings though)
Thanks for the vid! Yours deffinatley doesnt move. I find it strange too. Thats three different dealers now and three different models with side to side sway, a 2000, 3100 and 5100. I have no doubt you guys with no sway are telling the truth. Just wanted to post the vids so you all know Im also telling the truth. I looked at all the machines very closely and found nothing bent, broken or missing. Im open minded so I guess a wide spread dealer set up problem or assembly problem at the factory is not out of the question.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't say enough how great the suspension on ferris really is. I use this mower every day and still can't get over how nice the ride is. When I go back to riding my z950 then I realize what a difference on how I feel at days end with full suspension.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2013, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I own a Ferris Is3100z 850hrs almost two years a few minor issues nothing to complain about best ride on the market no forward or backwards movement with the deck little side movement. Cut quality is good ICD deck with wet conditions OK my 930d Grasshopper does a better job on wet turf. I like a front mount better but the Ferris is a great machine that my employee rides. At the end of the day you feel better when you ride the Ferris all day it rides like a caddy compared to other machines.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ho Ed,
I watched your video. It seemed like you were pushing downward a lot more than sideways. What does it look like when you just push/pull straight side to side like GMLC did? I am very interested in both the Gravely and the Ferris.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi RG. Here is another vid. I demoed both this one and the Gravely 460 and would have been happy with either, but the Ferris dealer came up with a much better deal.
It's still really dry here so haven't done many hours yet, but it is a pleasure to operate the Ferris.
http://youtu.be/QrfQLFapSkw
Old 10-22-2013, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Hi RG. Here is another vid. I demoed both this one and the Gravely 460 and would have been happy with either, but the Ferris dealer came up with a much better deal.
It's still really dry here so haven't done many hours yet, but it is a pleasure to operate the Ferris.
Thanks Ed. That thing is nice and solid. I hope you can post some cutting videos like Mick and Green do, once your season gets going better. What holds it from swaying on the chains? is there a panhard rod under the frame or something?

I appreciate you taking the time to take and post that video for me mate.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to post your vids. The more info we can get on LS the better for others making a decision when buying.
Posted via Mobile Device