Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Thanks Ed. That thing is nice and solid. I hope you can post some cutting videos like Mick and Green do, once your season gets going better. What holds it from swaying on the chains? is there a panhard rod under the frame or something?

I appreciate you taking the time to take and post that video for me mate.
It has 2 pusher bars between the back of the deck & the chassis. Wide mounts onto the deck, and a ball joint onto the chassis. I think there is a link to the diagram earlier in this thread.
Looks the same style as the mounts on my Xfactor deck, but the Ferris ball joints look to be more precision made. I do have quite a lot of slop in the ball joints of the Gravely but it still doesn't sway sideways like what GMLC is seeing.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dog View Post
I have asked twice now for the dealers name so I could help them correct this issue. Since that information is not being provided to me that is tell me we have a person that does not want to correct this issue but just to complaim about it. Over and out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dog
This " Ferris tent at Turf Depot's Landscaper open house." Tells me nothing. No dealer to contact to correct the issue. And if you don't want to tell who the other dealer is then quite complaining. It is a issue that can be fixed but with no cooperation we cant so you will keep complaining. No wounder people say bad things about products because all they want to do is complain and not address the issue. For you all that read the reviews I'm sure most complaints can be fixed with cooperation.
I realize you are offering to help GMLC, but you are way out of line here bro. GMLC has done a lot of excellent reviews, and has been very honest in them. Yes, he likes Gravely. I don't blame him. I do too. They take good care of their customers. No I don't own a Gravely either. If he says he sees a lot of sway I believe him. Now I have seen his videos, and there is a lot of side sway. What do you think is wrong with them?

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 10-22-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is very interesting, sure hope someone comes up with a reason for this mystery, it does seem extremely strange. I've never seen noticeable side to side deck movement on a Ferris mower, but definitely saw what GMLC showed in the video.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guys I tried to get my deck on my 2013 3100z to move side to side but not a chance. This deck does not move. Even on a steep bank it will not move side to side. If someone can get a video of the mower with the side to side movement then we can find out what is really going on with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
Guys I tried to get my deck on my 2013 3100z to move side to side but not a chance. This deck does not move. Even on a steep bank it will not move side to side. If someone can get a video of the mower with the side to side movement then we can find out what is really going on with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I posted GMLC's for him. Did you see them?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Hold up man.....Those 3 videos are of a 5100Z with a 72'' deck?!?!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
Hold up man.....Those 3 videos are of a 5100Z with a 72'' deck?!?!
Even then- the deck didn't move 6'' - more like 1.5'' max
Old 10-23-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes its a 5100 and I didnt measure but I would say its more than 1.5" sway in each direction. That dealer only had 5100's and 3100's on his lot. Both had side to side movement. My last demo(3 weeks or so ago)was a 3100 and had 3" of sway in each direction for a total of 6".
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GMLC; 10-23-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

One more thing I forgot to add on those three vids is one vid is in transport, one at deck set at 3" and one was with my hand and not my foot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2013, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

deck movement

I checked my 3100 and I pushed the deck sideways with my foot and not down like some people had, I had no movement sideways at all, the only movement came from me pushing so hard on it that the whole mower was shaking and it did not move like in your videos. FYI