Register free!

Old 10-20-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Failed irrigation design

So my builder for my house designed/installed some failed irrigation that I am looking to fix. North end of my yard has consistent dry spots and trouble.

The turf is being watered by 3 RB 5000's doing 180, 360, 180 across the center of the yard horizontally.

Perennials having a couple RB 1800's doing 180's on the south end of the yard while the ones on the north end have no irrigation other then spray from the 5000's.

Yard layout as seen below. RB 1800's and 5000's are separate zones pushing 65 PSI and 16GPM in 3/4 inch pipe.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix the turf precipitation issue/layout. I would greatly appreciate it!

Looks to me like ill have to retrofit it as i could add another RB5000 to fix the issue at the north end but then it would over-water the center.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalkol View Post
So my builder for my house designed/installed some failed irrigation that I am looking to fix. North end of my yard has consistent dry spots and trouble.

The turf is being watered by 3 RB 5000's doing 180, 360, 180 across the center of the yard horizontally.

Perennials having a couple RB 1800's doing 180's on the south end of the yard while the ones on the north end have no irrigation other then spray from the 5000's.

Yard layout as seen below. RB 1800's and 5000's are separate zones pushing 65 PSI and 16GPM in 3/4 inch pipe.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix the turf precipitation issue/layout. I would greatly appreciate it!

Looks to me like ill have to retrofit it as i could add another RB5000 to fix the issue at the north end but then it would over-water the center.

Call an irrigator in your local area to have him draw up a design...merely getting water on each plant is not the goal...you want uniform distribution of water...seperate zone for plants....You need head to head coverage..a lot more heads...

With your current config. You'll waste lots of water
Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
Call an irrigator in your local area to have him draw up a design...merely getting water on each plant is not the goal...you want uniform distribution of water...seperate zone for plants....You need head to head coverage..a lot more heads...

With your current config. You'll waste lots of water
First irrigator I called said "hey, i'm the one who installed your system!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
First irrigator I called said "hey, i'm the one who installed your system!
Is that who the builder recommended? And what did the irrigator say?

Ps... Make sure theyre licenced. Anyone can slap in irrigation. It takes some education and skill to properly design a system which will effectively water your plants while not wasting water...rotors only tells me this guy either didn't have a clue or care
Old 10-20-2013, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Is that who the builder recommended? And what did the irrigator say?

Ps... Make sure theyre licenced. Anyone can slap in irrigation. It takes some education and skill to properly design a system which will effectively water your plants while not wasting water...rotors only tells me this guy either didn't have a clue or care
Person who recommended it was developer of the community (i live in a master planned community) The guy said the rotors give full coverage to the yard and i need to learn what i'm talking about...... Then again once he said he did it i took everything with a grain of salt considering he was the same one sending 175+ unregulated PSI to the irrigation
Old 10-20-2013, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Probably the design needed to be submitted to your city as well with a permit pulled and city inspection. Do you have any of that documentation?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

What state are you in?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
What state are you in?
I live in GA and i don't have any of those documents. Nope don' have any documentation, and me and my builder are having "issues" so he conveniently has no records or documentation for anything.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I live in GA and i don't have any of those documents. Nope don' have any documentation, and me and my builder are having "issues" so he conveniently has no records or documentation for anything.
Call local water provider and ask if a permit is required...hang around when county or state inspector comes out and ask him what they think
Old 10-20-2013, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Any and all mandated documentation should be in the escrow package. You could prolly contact the title company for copies of permits etc.
Posted via Mobile Device