Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb007 View Post
Yep! I measured it at my local dealer.The opening is 13.5 inches which is the same size as the new gravely Xfactor 2.I demoed A pro turn 452 and all I can say is it mowed beautiful in thick north Carolina fescue.The Kubota is the only one I haven't demoed yet.They feel really comfortable looking forward to testing one soon.
That is a really nice mower & I see just about all manufacturers are going with that big flowing opening on the discharge.. Do you know anything about the hydraulic system it uses? 2 pumps/wheel motors? or what?
Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
That is a really nice mower & I see just about all manufacturers are going with that big flowing opening on the discharge.. Do you know anything about the hydraulic system it uses? 2 pumps/wheel motors? or what?
Parker torque pact GT14`s
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2014, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Parker torque pact GT14`s
that looks easy to work on
Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Yep! I measured it at my local dealer.The opening is 13.5 inches which is the same size as the new gravely Xfactor 2.I demoed A pro turn 452 and all I can say is it mowed beautiful in thick north Carolina fescue.The Kubota is the only one I haven't demoed yet.They feel really comfortable looking forward to testing one soon.
My 326 has the same opening. I say it handles water fine, but not as well as a scag. I never have deck build up either. My deck has way more suction than most decks and imagine this deck is the same. It takes more hp to have more suction so it may feels like you have less power than another mower with the same engine. IMO i think with this mower you might sacrifice hp for quality of cut. It would be like a exmark deck verses scag where the kubota would be a blend of the 2.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
My 326 has the same opening. I say it handles water fine, but not as well as a scag. I never have deck build up either. My deck has way more suction than most decks and imagine this deck is the same. It takes more hp to have more suction so it may feels like you have less power than another mower with the same engine. IMO i think with this mower you might sacrifice hp for quality of cut. It would be like a exmark deck verses scag where the kubota would be a blend of the 2.
Im really surprised they didn't offer this mower with the Kohler 29.5 efi(26) when I demoed the gravely PT 452 the EFi never missed a beat and had plenty of power for the 52 inch deck....Im still considering the Kubota I just wish there were a few more engine options like there is with the other brands of ZT mowers.There is also the new Kubota 326 to consider im sure it will be a beast.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

I wonder why they don't offer these with a kubota gas engine? Like something similar to what the zg222 or zg227 has. It would probably have to be a vertical shaft set up though.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Im really surprised they didn't offer this mower with the Kohler 29.5 efi(26) when I demoed the gravely PT 452 the EFi never missed a beat and had plenty of power for the 52 inch deck....Im still considering the Kubota I just wish there were a few more engine options like there is with the other brands of ZT mowers.There is also the new Kubota 326 to consider im sure it will be a beast.
ya that 29.6 hp motor is now 26. My guess is that efi would put that mower in the price range of the 200 and that would be counter productive for them.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer said the gt14 was 21cc..........but from I can tell they are only 14cc. little small if you ask me............What is your opinion?
Also 25hp.......Are hey rated at the motor or wheels?
I run Hustler super Zs and feel that I may be stepping down some.
These z700s just look so dam pretty
Old 01-26-2014, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJ View Post
My dealer said the gt14 was 21cc..........but from I can tell they are only 14cc. little small if you ask me............What is your opinion?
Also 25hp.......Are hey rated at the motor or wheels?
I run Hustler super Zs and feel that I may be stepping down some.
These z700s just look so dam pretty
A 25 hp motor now was q 27-28 hp motor last year. Hp is always at the crank. 14cc for a transaxel is different from 14cc from a pump and motor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2014, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I went to the dealer today to ask some questions.
One was how much is the replacement cost on the drives. 1500.00 in a box
Two. How much are spindles 205.00 in boxes Alum housing.

The upkeep is to costly for me. I'll pass