Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
There's some nice features on this thing, many of which are almost exact copies of what Deere has been using for several years now. I'm not sure about that front baffle in wet conditions though. I see the chute is huge, but the baffle is designed to recirculate the clippings more before exiting. I'm guessing it will clump some in the wet, and/or thick stuff. It reminds me of Bob Cats newest front baffle in the way it is curved in front of each blade past the center of the arc. I think if they had left off the extra bit of curve at the end of each chamber, they would have had an excellent design. It needs rear anti scalp wheels too.
Ya that is a deere deck adjustment knob. The 300 series looks a little different. The deck is not like the 326. The deck looks like a grasshoper I love how little of clippings they leave. Unless you are cutting at 2inches or less my back scap wheel are never used except when they get caught on something. My are bent to crap so I don't know how that will work.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

interesting point to make, look at the muffler. They made mention with the z100 they put it high not to heat damage the grass. I will be a happy man this next year. This mower coming out, dolmar just came out with a combi system for their 4stroke trimmers. Ill be in lawn care heaven.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

IMO, a high mount or well shielded muffler is an excellent idea.

The HOC knob, the foot pan, and the foot operated parking brake are all like the Deere designs. I like them and wouldn't mind taking a close look at this new Kubby. The tires on the one in the rotating video are not very wide. I didn't read everything though, so hopefully the rear tires are wider on the larger units.

I am a bit surprised at Kubby for posting a pic of the thing mowing a hillside while commenting on its ability to do so. The thing is clearly crabbing in the picture. They could have at least straightened it out before snapping the pic. LOL
Old 10-21-2013, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Am I seeing that right? A Kohler engine in a Kubby?!?
Old 10-21-2013, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
IMO, a high mount or well shielded muffler is an excellent idea.

The HOC knob, the foot pan, and the foot operated parking brake are all like the Deere designs. I like them and wouldn't mind taking a close look at this new Kubby. The tires on the one in the rotating video are not very wide. I didn't read everything though, so hopefully the rear tires are wider on the larger units.

I am a bit surprised at Kubby for posting a pic of the thing mowing a hillside while commenting on its ability to do so. The thing is clearly crabbing in the picture. They could have at least straightened it out before snapping the pic. LOL
thats the 48 in the pic with 9.5inch wide tires. The 54 and 60 get the 12inch wide 24inch high tires.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Am I seeing that right? A Kohler engine in a Kubby?!?
yes, the same with the z100................ they just need to go to horizontal and use their twin motor. That is a fairly steep grade. It looks between 20 and 25 degree slope and he traveling in the pic becuase he is shooting out grass. I guess you can say its not photoshopped haha

Last edited by JCLawn and more; 10-21-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's too bad IMO. That engine alone will probably keep me from ever buying one.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
That's too bad IMO. That engine alone will probably keep me from ever buying one.
They should of went honda at least.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

From what I've been reading on here, I'm not so sure I'd want one of them either. I would have liked to see them just use their own engines in these machines.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
From what I've been reading on here, I'm not so sure I'd want one of them either. I would have liked to see them just use their own engines in these machines.
I feel better about honda and robin/subaru engines more than brake and scatter, kholer, or kawi. I wish they would just put kubota in it though. A guy in jackson makes the davis mower (the guy also designed the walker super B and holds the patent on the zero turn control system) said kholer is the easiest to work with out of all the different engine manufacturers. They are not brand loyal try their hardest to make their engines work for your application so I am guessing that is why they chose them.