Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-25-2013, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I only compare components, not aesthetics, and the only real standout in the zero-turn mower market at this particular time is Hustler's industrial grade hydraulic system with its Sauer Danfoss slipper piston pumps. This hydraulic system is head and shoulders above the rest, with other components used by the top mower manufacturers being basically standardized. The next standout would be Ferris mowers independent four-wheel suspension.
Must be you have not seen the Kubota hydrolic systems. Speaking of which does anyone know the difference with the 2014 ones besides the teir4? They seem to make a big deal about how its all new on their website.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
One could also argue that the hydro gear transaxle was a technology leap in the ZTR world. In the end its just a component. A shift in frame technology opens the door for components to be positioned in endless arrangements and almost endless suspension options and even articulation points within the frame. But I guess Im a fabricator/technician at heart and know what a trellis frame offers.
Posted via Mobile Device
The way changes are made in technology, and at a such a really rapid pace, the mower world definitely has some catching up to do. We may not recognize mowers as we know them today in another 20 yrs.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
The way changes are made in technology, and at a such a really rapid pace, the mower world definitely has some catching up to do. We may not recognize mowers as we know them today in another 20 yrs.
I agree. Its just funny how some fight it. How could something as good as fuel injection scare so many?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Must be you have not seen the Kubota hydrolic systems. Speaking of which does anyone know the difference with the 2014 ones besides the teir4? They seem to make a big deal about how its all new on their website.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kubota's hydraulics system is nothing but an integrated pump and wheel motor. Look at the warranty and tell me if they are able to offer what Hustler does on their HyperDrive hydraulic system, which is 5 yrs. or 3000 hrs.

The way to tell the difference in anything is to see how bullet proof the manufacturer feels about their product, and this will show up in warranty. The stronger and less problem prone, the longer the warranty. For a company to allow a full warranty for 3000 hrs. or 5 yrs. is saying they believe it to be totally bullet proof.

I don't know what warranty Kubota offers on their hydraulic system, but I can guarantee they will not offer a 5 yr. or 3000 hr. warranty. Kubota's hydraulic system is considered commercial grade, whereas Hustler's HyperDrive hydraulic system is industrial grade, and the only mower company in the industry able to claim this standard.

Please tell me the warranty offered on Kubota's zero-turn mowers hydraulic system, I would like to know?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Not to start an arguement but Hustlets Hyper Drive warranty was due to lost confidence in its custmers because of their hydro system failures in the past. They had to do something drastic. Just like the car manufacturers that sucked were the first came out with 100k mile bumper to bumper. Im not saying the new system isnt great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Not to start an arguement but Hustlets Hyper Drive warranty was due to lost confidence in its custmers because of their hydro system failures in the past. They had to do something drastic. Just like the car manufacturers that sucked were the first came out with 100k mile bumper to bumper. Im not saying the new system isnt great.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have no idea if that is, or is not the case, but I am saying that is only your opinion, which is exactly as stated, an opinion. There is no argument, I can prove what I've stated, whereas you cannot, are you agreeable with this?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Kubota's hydraulics system is nothing but an integrated pump and wheel motor. Look at the warranty and tell me if they are able to offer what Hustler does on their HyperDrive hydraulic system, which is 5 yrs. or 3000 hrs.

The way to tell the difference in anything is to see how bullet proof the manufacturer feels about their product, and this will show up in warranty. The stronger and less problem prone, the longer the warranty. For a company to allow a full warranty for 3000 hrs. or 5 yrs. is saying they believe it to be totally bullet proof.

I don't know what warranty Kubota offers on their hydraulic system, but I can guarantee they will not offer a 5 yr. or 3000 hr. warranty. Kubota's hydraulic system is considered commercial grade, whereas Hustler's HyperDrive hydraulic system is industrial grade, and the only mower company in the industry able to claim this standard.

Please tell me the warranty offered on Kubota's zero-turn mowers hydraulic system, I would like to know?
For the price of a Huster I'd have a 4 year unlimited hr warranty. Also its a bit more than a pump wheel motor setup. I don't even know how it works. All I know is the trans axel has the clutch in it, it 3 wide over a foot deep and the axel casings have about 20 bolts a side holing them on. No belts, no lines. Radiator and fan cooled. I just haven't seen anyone make anything close to it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I have no idea if that is, or is not the case, but I am saying that is only your opinion, which is exactly as stated, an opinion. There is no argument, I can prove what I've stated, whereas you cannot, are you agreeable with this?
Most mid mount companies have has hydro issues. 800hrs from everything I have read is about the time you have hydro issues. Most of us turn in mowers every 5 years so this looks appealing to us not to slap down $1000 for a hydro pump and motor. My dolmar only has a 1yr warranty but it lasts longer than handhelds with a 4 yr warranty. Some companies don't need a warranty to stand behind the product. Most of us abuse the living tar out of things. Like pulling my truck with my zero turn or pulling a 24inch by 10ft log with it. After a year most things are not the manufactures fault.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My Dixie Chopper Classic has a 5 year/3000 hour drive train warranty. All Dixie Chopper commercial and industrial grade mowers have this warranty along with:

LIFETIME on Stainless Steel Against Rust
LIFETIME on Frame Materials and Workmanship***
LIFETIME on Front Caster Bearing
LIFETIME on Front Forks***
LIFETIME Against Pump Thrust Bearing Failure
LIFETIME on Steering linkages and Levers***
Old 10-25-2013, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
My Dixie Chopper Classic has a 5 year/3000 hour drive train warranty.
That's a great warranty, what type hydraulic setup is utilized?

I found it, but have no idea how they offer that strong a warranty, there is nothing special about this setup. The statement made below about the best warranty in the industry is false, the same as the statement they've always made about being the fastest mower on the market.

The Classic models utilize oversized hydraulics for increased torque and decreased system pressure. The drive system consists of 16cc Hydro Gear® pumps with Parker® 280 Series wheel motors* and backed with the best warranty in the industry.**

* Classic 3372HP features 21cc pumps
** 5 year/3000 hour drivetrain warranty

Last edited by puppypaws; 10-25-2013 at 06:01 PM.