Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Well guys I don't know about your area but the snow is all gone here. Except for where it's been piled up from plowing. But that is going fast also.
"Grass is what saves and holds the water that keeps life good and going. ... It keeps the falling rain from flushing away. Blades of grass take water from the air and transpire it into the ground. That works the other way around too. Because grass blades help put water back into the air so that rain can fall again" - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 03-08-2004, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Sodzilla, Isaw the post about planting flowers. FYI the local minimum security prison (Oakhill in Oregon) grows flats of seedling flowers and veggies for sale to the public. I think it was $4.00 a flat last year. First come first serve, no deliveries.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

HOw much is ur dump trailer? Im thinking about buyin one this year for hauling debris such as grass clippings and leaves from my lawn mower bagger, but also use it for hauling a skid steer around when i get that.
That was a nice trailer, bit small for me. Nice truck by the way
Matt
2003 8.5x16' Great Lakes Cargo Enclosed Trailer
2005 6x20' BNM tandem 12,000lbs trailer
2011 Scag 61" Turf Tiger 29 LCKawi DFI
2005 Scag 61" Turf Tiger 29 LCKawi DFI
2004 Scag 72" Turf Tiger 29 LCKawi DFI
2001 Scag 52" Turf Tiger 23 LCKawi
2002 Scag 52" SWZ 17 Kawi
2003 JD 250 Series II 64hp
Echo handhelds
Old 03-08-2004, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawnlubber,

Thanks I'll have to check that out. I use to know the Warden there. I use to go to church in Oregon before we moved. I know the Warden from the church. I also interviewed him for my criminal justice class years ago.

I can't wait to move back to the area. Driving from Beaver Dam to Madison area just about everyday to do bids is getting really old. I've got one mowing contract in Oregon this year so far. Plus 3 for fert & squirt.

I can believe how much houses are selling for in that area now. I've only been away for two years.
"Grass is what saves and holds the water that keeps life good and going. ... It keeps the falling rain from flushing away. Blades of grass take water from the air and transpire it into the ground. That works the other way around too. Because grass blades help put water back into the air so that rain can fall again" - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 03-16-2004, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone passing out flyers yet. the weather isn't great yet, but I was wondering if anybody is showing interest yet for the upcoming season.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I m starting on thursday were in the mid 30's right now. I'm starting to get calls already so people are starting to think spring.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Idealgreen,

There is a guy here in Beaver Dam that is a LCO. He also does parking lot sweeping. There must be money in it because he has two new John Deere sweepers with cabs on them.

Its something I am thinking of doing. But right now I can't afford to buy one.

Brian
Old 03-16-2004, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I had one of my wifes friends from church call today. She said her husband is sick of doing their lawn care. So he called TGCL for a bid. Not knowing of course that I am able to do it. So his wife called today to have me bid it also. She said TGCL was there this morning and gave them a bid. The guy said that actually the first application should be made RIGHT NOW ( 3/16/04). Am I not aware of something here, or is this just their way of preasuring people into signing up with them.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

TGCL will do anything for a dollar. Last year when we had that drought where it didnt rain for 6 weeks TGCL came out and fertilized one of my accounts 5 weeks into the drought the grass was completely brown when they sprayed it. Talked to my customer and he said that the guy from TG told him it needed fert and it would green up after spraying. The customer, not the sharpest tool in the shed most people would know that you need regular watering to make it green up but I think TG took advantage of him.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by promower
TGCL will do anything for a dollar. I think TG took advantage of him.
There has been no truer statement made.

I always shudder when I see the big white and green truck. That soon turns to joy when I take one away from them. Sometimes it takes a while but if I get talkin to the customer I can usually change their mind. If not, the high quality work of the little guy in the big white truck eventually speaks for itself.

Yes the phone is ringing and I am lookin forward to getting dethatching dust packed in my nose and eyes once again.