Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-09-2008, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Spring clean ups, lawn de-thatch's, lot sweeping, 1st round lawn fertilization, and spreading salt-snow and ice removal all in the same day! Today I do not know where to start. Just keep jumping around and burning gas, trying to shrink the list. PR

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com
Old 04-30-2008, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Where to find good full time help in Milwaukee area

I have been posting on craigslist for months and it isnt that I expected miracles from this site, but we have simply not found anyone who is qualified or wants to work as a crew leader. I think we are offering the right wage, but so far no real standouts, and its been months. I have posted with MATC and not gotten one application from that posting.

Where do you Milwaukee guys find good qualified help. I am not asking for a person with 10 years experience, but someone with at least some experience in the industry or at the very least be willing to learn a new position. We are in need of a crew leader now as my wife and I are so busy doing bids and sales calls we need to have a full time crew going. We already have two helpers but they are not ready to be drivers and crew leaders, they need some more seasoning before being entrusted with those responsibilities.

Someone help me out, this is keeping us from getting a lot of work because we just cant get the bids out quick enough to get a lot of this work.

Mike

We do landscape design, plants sales and delivery, full season landscape maintenance, mulch applications, edging installation, landscape bed installation, one time landscape renovations, spring and fall cleanups, and lawn maintenance division including mowing, fertility/weed control programs, and agronomics services.

Mike and Loriena Harrington

http://www.beautifulbloomslandscape.com
Old 07-27-2008, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

OK which one of you is this?

Angry man shoots lawn mower for not starting

Fri Jul 25, 11:41 PM ET

MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start. Keith Walendowski, 56, was charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.
ADVERTISEMENT

According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski said he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning. He told police quote, "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She said he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered Friday morning.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

First they are trying to take Titletown away, then Brett doesn't want to play for the beloved Pack, Miller decides to put the World Headquarters in Chicago of all places and you are blaming this poor guy for bustin a cap in his mower.

Oh the topper was an intoxicated woman reported it. Its hard to find someone sober these days.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

looking to plow in Fox Valley

If someone can help me on plowing leads I would appreciate it.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBlooms View Post
I have been posting on craigslist for months and it isnt that I expected miracles from this site, but we have simply not found anyone who is qualified or wants to work as a crew leader. I think we are offering the right wage, but so far no real standouts, and its been months. I have posted with MATC and not gotten one application from that posting.

Where do you Milwaukee guys find good qualified help. I am not asking for a person with 10 years experience, but someone with at least some experience in the industry or at the very least be willing to learn a new position. We are in need of a crew leader now as my wife and I are so busy doing bids and sales calls we need to have a full time crew going. We already have two helpers but they are not ready to be drivers and crew leaders, they need some more seasoning before being entrusted with those responsibilities.

Someone help me out, this is keeping us from getting a lot of work because we just cant get the bids out quick enough to get a lot of this work.

Mike
Hey mike call me 262-490-2883. I'm a MATC student but never saw your posting. I got a resume in waiting. As long as you don't mind my second job of cutting trees for lumber.

Cranky: seriously man good luck, you best bet is to sign on to a company I.E. Central Services. That hire trucks, equipment, and drivers for snow removal.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Bait View Post
If someone can help me on plowing leads I would appreciate it.
You want to work together? I have a few people coming up to me asking if i do plowing, Answer is no i do snowblowing, mostly resi, If you are insured and do good work i will get alot of plowing accounts and pass them to you?? P.M me if that would work.. I mow in Neenah/Appleton/Oshkosh and man i am ready for it to snow a ton like last year to get some money built up after the summer i had..

If anyone needs Snowblowers/throwers i have alot of them, most used but have 2 new ones left... Give you guys a great deal on them..
JD L100 for pulling stuff
JD 7H19 Hydro 54” (Forsale)
JD RX95 38” tall grass mower
2 JD Js63c push mower
Coming Soon Lesco SL80A Stander
Trimmers/Edgers
2 Echo SRM210
1 Echo SRM230
1 Echo PE230
1 ECHO BRD280 Bed redefiner (NEW) WOOT
2 John Deere XT140 (ForSale)
BLOWERS
1 JD BP65LE Back pack blowers (ForSale)
2 Echo PB755H
HEDGE TRIMMERS
2 Echo Hc1500
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I need to do some more posting before I can PM you Ambers maybe you can PM me. I guess I need 10 post before the PM starts.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Swampy I not familar with I E Service can you PM and give me a clue?

Thanks,
Cranky
Old 08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So they found emerald ash borer a few weeks ago in Washington county.

Anybody got a plan as to yet whats going to happen or what they are going to to?

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics