Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hope everyone is good!!!!

Wanted to see if anyone in the Milwaukee and Madison area is in need of a Fertilizing Company to handle the applications to their clients. Competitive prices and the forms that are put on the door will have your company name on them with the payment return address to you. Dry granular fertilizer with liquid weed control we offer a great service and product we just won again the Angieslist 2010 super service award in both citys for fertilizing. I have a non compete clause that would be signed. All fertilizer is mixed to our standards and labeled with our name on it we don't just buy whats on sale at John Deere! We also dont do Lawn cutting or landscaping outside of Waukesha CO. so that will work to your benefit networking with us. Message, call, or email me

Respectfully, Jason
jason@lawnsrus.com
262-746-9000
Old 02-10-2011, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone in the Milwaukee area with either a LT Rich Spreader Sprayer or a Turfco T3000 Spreader Sprayer that wouldnt mind me coming to look at it. I dont necessarily need to operate it, but I would at least like to see them up close, and also ask your opinions. I have already operated a freinds Permagreen so I already have that as a baseline.

I have however only operated that Permagreen and never any of the other options out there.

Mike Harrington

We do landscape design, plants sales and delivery, full season landscape maintenance, mulch applications, edging installation, landscape bed installation, one time landscape renovations, spring and fall cleanups, and lawn maintenance division including mowing, fertility/weed control programs, and agronomics services.

Mike and Loriena Harrington

http://www.beautifulbloomslandscape.com
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. I can't help you out much, we run Prolawn sprayers, and its a little bit of a hike for you to come up here to Appleton. Last time I was in JDL they had a z-spray. They are haveing a Landscape and turf show at the EAA grounds in Oshkosh March 1&2. And this is also the year for Reinders turf show in Waukesha March 9-10. They are z-spray guys also. Hope things are going well. PR

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com
Old 02-11-2011, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody going to the Riender's Turf show this year? to a look at the seminars, there is a few that look interesting I want to take a look in Storm Water Management.

http://www.reinders.com/tc11/?pageTy...e&content=home

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Annoying little add by Aquascape on Rienders site. $49.00 a day I may need to pick one or the other. PR

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com
Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey all. First year going hard at it. I am in central wi. Primary target is going to be lake and vacation homes around wautoma wild rose plainfield and wisc rapids. I haven't yet read all the posts on this thread, but will do this weekend. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome c3w this is a great resource for everyone. This state is kind of a group of goofballs with the current budget crisis. I am just hoping it doesn't move alot of teachers into the mowing ring to compete with us. Good luck in your efforts down there. Take care.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok have read all 60 pages and wow learned a lot. Do you guys still have the breakfast meetings? Because I would be interested in learning more from u guys and girls. My question is on low balling. I have not seen anyone on here from my area. I don't have the best equipment but we all have to start somewhere. I am trying very hard not to be a low baller but I don't have the overhead that most lcos have. Pretty much gas and ins. So I can do a half hour lawn for 25 and still make good money. That is mow trim edge n blow. So am I a low baller? Not being shitty just asking. Or is that a good price. I would like to be around the dollar an hour mark gross. Is that reasonable? Again thanks for all the helpful advice. Looking forward to meeting ya all for breakfast sometime.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2011, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi again,
My answer to you on lowballing is that only you know what is what in your business. It is a huge mistake that guys make in this business. You only site 2 "expenses" and I have to take great exception with that. Gas and insurance are definately expenses however you have others you don't even consider. Your equipment may not be the best but when you start using it commercially it is going to wear out and then what? Another expense. New equipment. When you run that equipment you are beating it down and it has a "per hour" cost to run. You have to maintain that equipment, belts, oil, plugs. Over time it adds up and include multiple pieces of equipment not to mention your truck and trailer. (tires, brakes, license) there are many expenses. I hope you are registered with the state and pay the state sales tax in Wisconsin. That way we all win and you can actually go to your accountant at the end of the year and (pay him/her) write off some of these business expenses.
I am not trying to be a blow bag but you have to run it as a business unless you want to run yourself out of business. So you think you can charge $XX.00 and be good then you HAVE TO KNOW WHY you can charge that. I am just trying to help you out. The surface may just show you that you think you are doing well but eventually reality sets in and I have seem many guys in my area make the same mistakes.
I would suggest a community college class on business or hit the bookstore and try reading up on running a business. Its a good business and I have been doing it successfully for 16 years but it didn't come easy. Start running numbers my friend. Take care.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Mow, thank u very much for the help. The sales tax thing, am I suppose to collect that on the service? Even if I am not doing fert n squirt? My accountant has not told me to, even though I have done my business taxes twice now. I do have a tax id number.

Think I am going to start door hangers in 2 weeks, for spring cleanups. Then second round 2 weeks after that? Sound rite to u?
Thanks again, and I will take another look at expenses again tonight.
Chad.
Posted via Mobile Device